• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by akira.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild, what’s it about?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

The kids got a Nintendo switch for Christmas so been looking into games for it. Loads of people seem to rate Zelda breath of the wild, bit I’ve never played a game like that before, most stuff I’ve played is Mario, racing games or shooting stuff like halo and doom.

Even though I’ve read a few reviews I’m still not sure what Zelda is about, is it just some massive completely free to roam world? And what sort of stuff do you do in this world. As I said, never played this sort of game before so just wondering what you actually do before I spend 45 quid on it in case it’s not really my kind of game.

Also is it a game you really need to play and play intensely or can you just sort of drop in and out of it?

darthpunk
    Free Member

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I enjoy it, dropped in and out quite often. Open world sort of game, some puzzle solving, some monster things to beat up and some quests to do, pretty impressive game rally.
    Wouldn’t say I needed it, but I enjoy it.

joshvegas
    Free Member

If it’s anything like Zelda ocarina of time…. It’s bloody ace.

rossburton
    Free Member

It’s not a casual game where you can just play for ten minutes, it’s one of those games with hours of plot. When I’ve finished RDR2 I’m definitely buying it as the kids got a Switch for christmas…

andy4d

My youngest got it from Santa as he is a zelda freak. Finished the game in 2 weeks 🙄 but now spends his time replaying it completing/collecting various bits he missed 1st time round. He has also spent 15 quid on download extras. Not too sure what its all about myself but keeps him quiet for hours on end.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

it’s about the best game ever made…. it’s got everything, you can nerd out to the max, or take it a (relatively) face value…. i played it through once on my own and now my lad is big enough he’s more than happy to watch me play it again, and i’m happy to oblige….

you start the game with nothing but a character and basic movement skills, then you leave the cave where you get a view of the explore-able world, and if you’re not impressed by that, then there’s something rong wi yer….

so much attention to detail, the more you play, the more you discover, there are mini shines to enter and puzzles to solve within, monsters to fight, meals to cook where different ingredients do different thing, villages to explore, people to meet, naps to be taken, weapons to find, secrets to unfold, chickens to round up, horses to tame, then ride……… i could go on

big auld, over dramatic, drag queens too… something not right about them…..

seriously: play it… love it!

it’s still got a score of 97% on metacritic…. still!!!

and when you finally do finish it, it gives you a percentage of how much you’ve actually completed….. after nearly 100 hours of game play, i was at 29%…. and i was totally satisfied, there’s just so much to do

meeeee
    Free Member

Right I’m sold, will pick up a copy this week. It’ll probably take me the rest of my life to finish though…

RobHilton
    Free Member

If it’s anything like Zelda ocarina of time…. It’s bloody ace.

The game that had me quit gaming and give away the console – the only way I could stop playing it was to stop completely.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

A wise choice

darksideby182

A classic game that has easy over a 100 hours of play.

Cougar

The Zelda games are a lot like the Final Fantasy games (and more recently a supporting cast of thousands). They’re about world exploration and plot development, it’s a bit like asking “films, what are they all about?” Explore, unlock, upgrade, repeat.

regenesis
    Free Member

If it was good enough for Robin Williams to name his daughter after……

slowoldman

Are you sure it wasn’t this Zelda?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Or this one?

null

regenesis
    Free Member

Or this one?

I’d play with that Zelda…..

rossburton
    Free Member

In related huge games, my 11yo son saw No Man’s Sky in CeX last week and liked the artwork. I explained what the game was and now he’s absolutely addicted, and also absolutely kicking my butt. I’ve one small ship and a bit of money, he’s a space pirate with a fleet and millions in the bank.

akira

Zelda is a masterpiece of game design. If you can see something you can get to it. Played Fallen Jedi on the PS4 recently and got so frustrated as an all powerful Jedi couldn’t climb up a small wall because the game designers didn’t want you to go that way. Zelda is amazing, if you’re in a thunderstorm you can’t have any metal equipment or you get electrocuted.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild, what’s it about?’ is closed to new replies.