• This topic has 2,500 replies, 263 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,501 total)
  • Legal advice please – cancelling a new car dispute
  • aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure creeped out are the right words, but I did comment a bit earlier when she posted the one of her with a first aid kit during the air ambulance saga. I think it got lost amongst the virtue signalling and bullying.

funkmasterp

To up her own site traffic; by posting images she hosts here, she gets a bit of traffic. She’ll probably post some comment in November about how the number of visits to her site has increased (again) in october, and it will probably include hits to those GIFs.

I get that, but it’s still scary.

orangespyderman

I never thought that was serious.

I didn’t either, but I have to say I was surprised in particular at Drac’s hounding of certain contributors; more than a little lynch-mob about it all. I guess I could have reported the posts, but, well, no…

boblo
    Free Member

All I hope is that I do not get from this thread, that I end up misspelling hypocrite!

That’ll be me, sorry.

Not-enough-attention-to-detail

funkmasterp

I actually stole £500 +VAT from a charity today just to even things out a little.

simondbarnes

I didn’t either, but I have to say I was surprised in particular at Drac’s hounding of certain contributors

Aye, me too. That went too far.

Poopscoop

gauss1777
    I think it is the nastiest thread I’ve ever read.

I agree and I am not comfortable being a part of it in truth.

I initially just wanted Ling to stop the name calling and answer a couple of questions truthfully. Rather thanjust attacking the OP along with some other forum members.

For that Ive come in for the most repeated and nasty attacks Ive ever had online. Im lucky compared to the OP though. His whole life has been dissected for public approval.

Im a big boy, ill live with it but I wasn’t expecting it on STW to be honest.

Confrontation and argument, yes, this is stw. The rest has stunned me in its ferocity to the point I had to fight fire with fire.

Something Im genuinely not proud of.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was surprised by how aggressive and rude this place was when i first visited [ much of its banter between mates who can take it] and now I am part of that MO/Problem. I think this place does it to you rather than we are all just monumental arses.

I have to agree with this, badgering/coercing people to give to charity, is very unpleasant.
    I never thought that was serious. More a running joke.

Not how i took it but as I said it had a point.

Funny how we all see things differently eh …been an eye opener but no one can distract a thread/topic/point like Ling she should get Trumps twitter feed

boblo
    Free Member

How’s the film? #flouncebounce 🙂

gauss1777
    Free Member

so he is low for saying why he could not donate[ he did not ask for sympathy he provided an explanation which would have been asked for and then not believed*] but you are still name calling folk who never offered to donate anyway and they have to because – actually not sure why do they have to ? could you explain again ? without any insults ?

You could be right, it’s often difficult to be sure I find.

Interested in if you think it’s the fastest growing thread though, I cannot remember another where I can barely keep up while reading.

sbob
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Hardly

Bollocks!

You specifically solicited a reply regarding the donation (after raising Ling’s personal bar of generosity).
    That’s the exact opposite of “wishing she’d keep quiet”, and was a total dick move.

You can pretend to have a greater understanding of events if it makes you feel special, I’m off to smash the pub quiz. 😀

Poopscoop

boblo – Member

How’s the film? #flouncebounce

Yeah, you got me. 😉 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Aye, me too. That went too far.

Yeah. Posting CM’s IP was the icing on the cake.

I get that, but it’s still scary.

To be fair, it is Halloween.

Drac

Yeah. Posting CM’s IP was the icing on the cake.

Yup accidentally posting his dynamic IP was a mistake.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You specifically solicited a reply regarding the donation (after raising Ling’s personal bar of generosity).

she said she would donate £100 if the OP did and Many other stws did as well – that was her “generous offer”

It was not an offer at all when made as I demonstrated when i made a more “generous offer” – the terms could never be fulfilled
    She then did the donation simply to win the internetz ,cause all this and make us all forget the terms and conditions and the threat to sue neither of which have been supported by any evidence.

It was damn effective

Granted she did it and it was funny and well played but lets not pretend the real facts have gone away
    Did she tell the truth has she got any evidence to support her claim
    its really not hard to work out the answer to either is it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh.

Tiger6791

If nothing else comes of this I do hope that STW adopts this term forever

#flouncebounce

orangespyderman

But not the hounding, that was acceptable. Correct?

Jamie
    Free Member

#flouncebounce

Junkyard
    Free Member

#flouncebounce

I will show my support for this idea by doing one right now

Charlie and drac have history and I think both know what they are getting into when it starts all over again.

boblo
    Free Member

Tiger6791 – Member

#flouncebounce

That and ‘I claim my £500 plus VAT’ is certain to become a permanent fixture…

shindiggy
    Free Member

I read this thread when it was still on a single page, it then kept me entertained on my early morning trip to London where my opinion was swinging in favour to Ling-OP-Ling-OP like a crazy metronome.

I’ve now made it all the way to the end (well after I’ve read the drivel thats been posted whilst i’m typing this)and I have to say, after lurking/posting on this forum for nearly a decade i’m a little disappointed with the name calling/harassing etc. I think a few people have gotten rather emotional.

On the plus side, there have been some genuinely stand out funny moments (Rickmeisters Hitler video), and for that I’ve made a donation to Air Ambulance because some good has to come from this thread, think I will also buy myself a ‘P’ status after using this website for so long with an Adblocker 😳

ransos
    Free Member

Someone makes a claim.
    They produce evidence of claim.
    If they don’t they get called up on it.

You don’t seem bothered by an unevidenced claim that a poster is a liar.

thegreatape
    Free Member

This is nowhere near the top of the pile of threads that got nasty.

simondbarnes

It was the hounding I found distasteful. If I wasn’t so **** lazy I’d have hit report.

orangespyderman

It was the hounding I found distasteful. If I wasn’t so **** lazy it wasn’t one of the mods doing it I’d have hit report.

FTFY (FTFM?)

*taps moral compass* Damn, it’s playing up again…

Drac

Perhaps not.

FTFY (FTFM?)

It didn’t stop others but you weren’t one of them.

boblo
    Free Member

This afternoon, I think there were a couple of pages with a couple of posters that got a bit repetitive/heated. They stopped and we/it moved on. Is that it?

Jamie
    Free Member

This is nowhere near the top of the pile of threads that got nasty.

Agreed. The politics threads are much worse,

orangespyderman

Agreed. The politics threads are much worse,

I started reading one of those once. I’ve never been back 😯

simondbarnes

orangespyderman – Member
    It was the hounding I found distasteful. If I wasn’t so **** lazy it wasn’t one of the mods doing it I’d have hit report.
    FTFY (FTFM?)
    *taps moral compass* Damn, it’s playing up again…

Nope. I don’t think I’ve ever reported a post. It asks for a reason when you click report iirc and I generally lose interest at that point 🙂

orangespyderman

It didn’t stop others but you weren’t one of them.

No – I wasn’t, for the reason I sort of implied above.

orangespyderman

It asks for a reason when you click report iirc and I generally lose interest at that point

Wow. You got that far. Respect – I didn’t 😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It was the hounding I found distasteful. If I wasn’t so **** lazy I’d have hit report.

I did

Charlie and drac have history and I think both know what they are getting into when it starts all over again.

What? No, really what history?

boblo
    Free Member

Well you were receiving were you not CM?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Both times

Tiger6791

I’m still upset that when Bobby from Dallas was posted I missed my chance to to a Ling Dynasty joke

Drac

Both times

Well yes.

brant
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

I think I might have reported one or two (apart from spam), but you’re right, that need to put a reason (and I don’t think a single word works) provides a cooling off period in which you can cancel your report without any cost.

oops, no – and I wasn’t even trying!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,501 total)

The topic ‘Legal advice please – cancelling a new car dispute’ is closed to new replies.