Leg Warmers – any good?

Home Forum Bike Forum Leg Warmers – any good?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Leg Warmers – any good?
  • Rev Will

You can just get knee warmers for a compromise choice. 🙂

rob2

Hi, I’ve got DHB ones from wiggle and they’re ace.

Knee warmers are brilliant (especially for my knackered knees) they make riding morer comfortable

mlke

I made my Summer transformation from longs to shorts on Monday on a ride in the lakes (Garburn Pass 🙂 I guess I made the transformation too early because I’ve had creaking painful knees all week.
    I’ve never liked the idea of Leg Warmers, possibly becasuse of the 1980s fashion disaster thing buried in in my subconscious. But maybe they’re something for me to consider now.
    Do you folks use them?
    Rate them?
    How do you size them?
    Any recomendations?
    Anything else?

amosridl

Leg Warmers are great and take up hardly any space when not in use.

Just make sure they don’t slip below the leg line of your shorts or you’ll look a bit kinky.

I have Endura ones and they seem fine. DHB arm warmers are great so I’m sure their leg offerings will be decent too.

cynic-al

knee warmers are great but IMO leg warmers less so. They slip more easily and if it’s cold enough to need them then you’ll want tights on cos your bum and thighs will be cold!

trail_rat

leg warmers great for the longer legged skinny chap…

35 inch inside leg and 30inch waist means i need xl for length and medium large for waist …

so shorts and leg warmers = win … in winter i just wear windstopper legwarmers with 3/4s

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

If you’re riding in the Lakes, why not just wear knee pads?

Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

i use some gore windstopper jobbies, mostly for road biking mind and they are excellent.

devs

Leg warmers = knee warmers = gay.
    That’s all i have to say about that.

MTT

Must be gay then, i ride with leg/knee warmers on at all times. I am a roadie though, not use a baggy shorts – leg warmer combination would look.

endura knee warmers are great 🙂

aP

Leg/knee/armwarmers – all useful.

LabMonkey

Assos knee warmers here – quality!

RealMan

I was using baggys with leg warmers since January, taking the leg warmers off after the first or second hill usually. However, I used to ran, and injured my knees doing so, so now I wear knee support bandages, which keeps them warm when I take my leg warmers off.

But leg warmers are great, you can tuck them over your shoes as well, which stops water getting in (all of my leggings have heel straps so you cant do that with them)

zangolin

Always had good wear out of Endura Knee/Arm/Leg warmers

shorts all year round here – it’s only my feet and fingers that get cold

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

These ones are fabulous…

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

I’ve never really liked leg warmers. As mentioned above, if it’s that cold, I’ll be wearing tights! Knee warmers are ace though, really good compromise for those cold mornings where it then warms up later on.

I’ve got Lusso knee warmers (and a pair of Specialized leg warmers which I won but have only worn about 3 times…)

vdubber67

Knee warmers

Got some of these. Cheap, warm and great.

mlke

Cheers. I might give them a go. I usually wear Ronhill tracksters on cooler days so the “looking gay” thing won’t damage further my fashion credentials.

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

I’d rather wear those Olivia newton-johns efforts than **** RonHill Tracksters any day of the week.

Premier Icon shortcut
    Subscriber

endura knee warmers here. Fantastic, i don’t use them that often but when they do they are great.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

knee warmers here, gay but with warm knees, arm and knee warmers are one of cyclings best inventions

gay but with warm knees

gay and pampered knees…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Leg Warmers – any good?’ is closed to new replies.