Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Leg shaving
  • longmover
    Free Member

The physio has told me that I need to shave my leg before my next appointment so she can stick tape from my foot to my but cheeks.

So do I shave one leg in a spiral so it can be taped with the least amount of hair removal, shave the entirety of one leg or shave both to even them up?

Wax, razor or hair remover?

bencooper
    Free Member

so she can stick tape from my foot to my but cheeks.

Is this a cure for too-pert buttocks?

allthegear
    Free Member

buttocks can be too pert????

Rachel

aracer
    Free Member

First of all I’d check why exactly you need to shave at all – I’ve had plenty of physio tape on my hairy legs. At one point I just shaved the ankle I regularly taped, but then learnt that the hair possibly helped with the proprioception (I’ve now given up on the taping).

I reckon it’s her little joke and she’s just waiting to see what you do 😉 My vote would go for the spiral to get the best reaction from her.

wwaswas

so she can stick tape from my foot to my but cheeks

Not trying to be funny but what sort of injury requires a whole leg to have tape on it?

midlifecrashes

Not sure about this physio, she may just be masking the symptoms…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Shave them in the shower as the hair is nice and soft. Use a good quality razor and go for it.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Buzz them off with clippers first, shave in the shower, baby oil them afterwards… Laaaaaaaavely x

tonyd

Why stop at your butt cheeks? Go for the full body wax and tell her you must have misunderstood her instructions.

benji
    Free Member

I use an electric ladyshave, but i’m one of those racing whippet variety.

fasthaggis

That Veet gets a good review

prawny

wwaswas – Member
    so she can stick tape from my foot to my but cheeks

Not trying to be funny but what sort of injury requires a whole leg to have tape on it?

You misunderstood, for treatment she’s going to tape his foot to his butt cheek, must have tight quads or something.

schmiken

Second the Veet comment, can burn a little though…

emsz
    Free Member

buttocks can be too pert????

No, they can’t 🙂

Clippers, then shave in the bath, moisturise after

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Non of the above. An epilator is what you need. Start just above the knees to help you ease into it. 🙂

Haze

MTFU, use an epilator

vdubber67
    Free Member

Shaving is great. Stops you looking like a hairy MTBer. 😉

dan1980
    Free Member

Second the Veet comment, can burn a little though…

The sensitive stuff doesn’t seem burn at all*, and I have really sensitive, delicate skin…

* Other people’s experiences may vary….

Solo
    Free Member

Shaving is great. Stops you looking like a hairy MTBer

Its true. Can’t imagine going back to the sweaty, matted, hairy legs dangling out, from the bottom of shorts, again.

emsz
    Free Member

Guys shaving their legs is a bit weird though

tazzymtb

I eppilate, legs are fine..chest was fun the first few times. Guys shaving is fime emsz. Some of us don’t want to look like the fat hairy walruss at the swimming pool with hair from the toes to the neck in one matted wet dog look

Solo
    Free Member

Guys shaving their legs is a bit weird though
    Is that a kettle/pot situation going on there ? Either way, chill. You did’t think all 200 guys in the peloton have naturally hairless legs, did you ?

Some of us don’t want to look like the fat hairy walruss at the swimming pool with hair from the toes to the neck in one matted wet dog look
    😯
    You have my sympathies

EDIT:
    Its just the legs for me, its cycling specific and only in the season for shots. Now that its turning cooler out there. I’ll be back in the longs and unshaven.

senorj

The physio has told me that I need to shave my leg before my next appointment so she can stick tape from my foot to my but cheeks.

That’s got to be a wind up? I recently had my leg taped from thigh to top of shin without shaving .
    Or perhaps a convenient way to fulfil your Danny La Rue fantasy… 😳 😉

will
    Free Member

Shave your legs. Girls LOVE IT.

Edric64
    Free Member

Been shaving mine for 20 years now ,dont stop at the tan line though cos hairy thighs only looks daft in the swimming pool!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I eppilate, legs are fine..chest was fun the first few times.

Does chest get easier? I tried a few patches it hurt too much. Don’t have a problem with my legs any more, although the first time I epilated them it took 3 days due to my pain threshold. Now it takes 30 minutes every few weeks.

Edit;

Shave your legs. Girls LOVE IT.

Yep, Mrs MM loves mine when they’re freshly done. 😀

tazzymtb

Yep chest gets easier…in fact compared to getting my nipples tattoed its a bloomin walk in the park

warton
    Free Member

Been shaving mine for 20 years now ,dont stop at the tan line though cos hairy thighs only looks daft in the swimming pool!

Better than chaffing though. I shaved all the way once, that 100 miler the next day was not a nice experience

Edric64
    Free Member

Not had a chaffing problem,It just feels weird if I let it start to grow back now .

_tom_
    Free Member

Enjoy the itch of the hair growing back 🙂 I had my leg shaved a couple of weeks ago for a tattoo and now it’s all prickly and itchy as **** where it’s half grown back 🙁

glupton1976
    Free Member

As a physio myself, I reckon that if they’re taping from your ankle to your arse cheek then you need to go for no hair from the waist down. I’d also recommend Veet for around the genital area.

* some of the above is factually correct, but not all of it.

swampi
    Free Member

which epilator do you guys recommend, i am fed u of shaving but dont want the cost of waxing

emsz
    Free Member

Not really Solo.

I know why some guys shave their legs, there’s even runners in my club do it, it’s just a bit odd thats all. You expect to see hairy man legs, and what you get is nice clean muscley looking legs instead. It’s just weird not wrong or bad just a bit weird

warton
    Free Member

I know why some guys shave their legs

Matt Seaton summed it up best;

“Because other people do it”

Solo
    Free Member

It’s just weird not wrong or bad just a bit weird

I’d review the preconceptions and stereotypes library and update it. Its just hair. I shave my facial hair too. I hope clean shaven Men aren’t considered to be weird for shaving their facial hair.
    🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

which epilator do you guys recommend, i am fed u of shaving but dont want the cost of waxing

I have this one. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HP6423-00-Satinelle-Ladyshave/dp/B00BN2CJEY/ref=sr_1_207?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1378302441&sr=1-207&keywords=epilators
    The first few times stings a bit, especislly over the knees but you soon get used to it.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Leg shaving’ is closed to new replies.