• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by roj.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lefty Hub Stuck
  • roj
    Free Member

Hi,
    Looking for some advice.

Have an old 2016 lefty fork which seems to have become rather attached to its hub.

The extraction bolt & hub cap which keep wheel on the lefty undo just fine….but the wheel is another story & stubbornly refuses to budge.
    I’m guessing the bearings have got stuck on the axle over time….ironically they are smooth.
    So far I ve tried some body language….wooden punch & hammer to nudge it…. but the hub is not having any of it.
    Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience & found a fix
    Appreciate any thoughts.
    Cheers
    Roger

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

They are pretty snug fit , the bearings to the axle. I guess by laying it leg down and putting some type of rust ease may break to corrosion. Bearings are sealed, so should be OK to reuse again. Otherwise a small puller on the hub flange and pushing onto the axle may give it a little help to free it off. I always make sure the inner races have a little grease on them to stop this happening.

oldnick

The puller as mentioned above, just put some load on it then tap the other end of the axle casting.
    In-fact the built in extractor bolt could provide the load, then it’s plastic mallet time.

roj
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips guys.
    I’ll give them a whirl👍

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lefty Hub Stuck’ is closed to new replies.