Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Left over pork and turkey: curry ideas
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

So as usual we have more pork and turkey than we needed.

So you guys got some simple but spicy, quick recipes for curry? (Separate recipes, not pork and turkey in one pot)

Go!

DickBarton

Throw turkey in bin as it tastes terrible. Eat the pork and enjoy it.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Seems a waste?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No cook books? Google down? Use yer imagination man! Portion stripped curry into individual freezer bags, perfect for work lunches.

Same with the pork, portion it up and use for stir fries, fajitas.

I’ve a full ham to cook today, completely forgot about it on Xmas day til I was serving up, I wasn’t even drinking as well! 🤣

CHB

Never mind curry. Try Jamie Olivers Asian style 5 spice turkey salad. The ingredient list sounds odd, but go with it as the flavour is amazing. We have done it each year for the past 5 and look forward to it almost as much as the Xmas dinner itself.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Uncle Bens Korma and rice/naan bread but add more spice.

BigJohn

With any cold leftover meat I gently fry a sliced onion, then put the meat slices in the pan with enough stock to cover them and simmer for about an hour. Depending on what I’m going to make I will add appropriate spices or Hoi sin sauce etc. This makes the meat tender and tasty ready for making the meal.

taxi25
    Free Member

I made this one yesterday. Very nice to, mking the spice mix yourself adds to it but you can get it ready made if you look around.

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/srilankanturkeycurry_92946

molgrips
    Free Member

Tip: don’t simply toss chopped roast meat into your curry, it has a weird texture. If necessary slow cook it then smoosh it up to make a pulled pork/turkey type thing. If you have pork, a bit of spicy barbecue sauce and some beans will be lovely. Nom.

allthegear
    Free Member

We made a turkey, ham and stuffing risotto. Was bloody marvellous!

Rachel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Left over pork and turkey: curry ideas’ is closed to new replies.