Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Left or right?
  • captcaveman
    Free Member

Quick question
    About to buy a reverb dropper post while the wife’s asleep 😉
    I’m right handed, on a full sus with forks that lockout (dial on right)

Left or right lever for the seatpost???

Not sure I get the logic behind it until I use it

fbk
    Free Member

If you’ve got matchmaker compatible brake levers, get a left handed reverb. If not, get a right handed one and run the lever upside down on the left (Google it and you’ll see what I mean). Sounds like the right side of your bars is getting a bit cluttered 🙂

blades2000
    Free Member

I have mine on the left, though don’t have fork lockout on the bars. (I’m right handed if that helps)

captcaveman
    Free Member

Sorry – fork lockout is on the fork not the bar, but just thinking about which hand you’d use for what… like is it better to keep a hand on the front or rear brake when you “drop”
    I have SRAM X0 which has the little bolt you can attach stuff to

Northwind

I like to have the lever on the right, it’s my dominant hand so it makes sense. Got it on the left on my 1×10 bike just for neatness though and it still works. I don’t drop or raise while braking though, not a very good idea regardless of where the lever is…

And yeah, for reasons of total rockshox weirdness, their lever is much better upside down. If I were a cynic, I might think that their decisions to mount the lever in a really vulnerable location, and to make it a bit delicate, and to charge an absolute fortune for replacement parts, are not totally separate 😉

You might want to do a little googling to see how well it’ll fit with your brakes and shifters though, dropper post lever location can be a hot topic.

somafunk

From a bike shop perspective after speccing them on our customers bikes I recommend a left hand lever. You’ll do the majority of your gear shifting with the right hand so i’d always choose a left hand upper lever.

Whether or not you fit it above or below the bars will depend on your preference and with regard to what gear system you run, a 1×10 system will enable you to run it under the bar, a 2×10 or 3×10 and you’ll prob need to run it above the bar unless you have thumbs like an ape.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Left or right?’ is closed to new replies.