Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Left hand shifter suddenly not shifting into big ring
  • menace
    Free Member

Half way through ride today my left hand shifter suddenly decided it wouldn't shift from middle to big ring – no crash etc to knock it out.

Have played with limit screws as front mech not moving far enough but hasn't made a difference. Is the shifter broken?

khani
    Free Member

check somehing isnt jamming the mech like a smll stone or something, if not undo the cable and see if the mech will move by hand, if i do's then its probably the shifter

Rio

Could be lots of things. Check your cranks. I had the same symptom last week; a few miles later my left crank fell off. 😕

mattp
    Free Member

SRAM X9?? if so it's a known warranty issue…

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i use sramx9 m8 and ive had my front mech for a while now, i used to have a bash ring on but now have a big ring, mine dosent shift into it unless im in a high gear, i dont know if this is how its supposed to be as its a long time since i used a big ring, or like you say, try messing with the limit screws or buy a new mech if you have tried everything else.

Daffy

Cable stretched or slipped a little.

rudedog
    Free Member

can you push the mech by hand into the correct position?

edhornby

is it a plastic bodied shifter?? I found that the plastic had cracked on mine once and it was flexing the shifter therefore not pulling fully to get it on the big ring…

also, give it a reet good clean and gt85 ?

bassspine
    Free Member

could be caused by many things…but almost certainly not limit screws

SOAP
    Free Member

+1 for a small stone or crud in the mech.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Left hand shifter suddenly not shifting into big ring’ is closed to new replies.