• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tang.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lee Valley Velopark in that there London
  • manmurray

…meant to be opening today, anyone thinking of paying a visit? Might be worth a quick after-work blast now it’s a bit lighter, but all I can seem to find by way of booking on their site are ‘experience’ days?

linky

not really expecting too much, but it’ll maybe make the commute more interesting

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Diving down the link to mountain biking says it’s just the skills area until late May when the rest of the trails are due to open. CBA checking on my phone but IIRC they’ll be charging about $7ph to ride the trails there. The Beastway race series is returning in the summer too which was always good value.

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks good! Pretty excited about it all

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    padkinson
    Free Member

I rode these (well, the skills loop) a few weeks ago when me and a few others went down to do some filming for the press release (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4teiqn6Fuc).
    For the terrain they’ve got, it’s pretty good, although the skills loop is all a bit crammed in, and there was a drop that none of us tried – 2 large(ish) drops immediately followed by the boundary fence! I think it was a different set of people who built the trails to who put the posts and fences in!
    Looks promising, and I’ll be down once it opens to have a go on the rest of it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

The Beastway race series is returning in the summer too which was always good value.

No it isn’t. The trails are not suitable for racing as they are 2 narrow and single track in nature.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Beastway has been cancelled for this year. Andy W went down today with my mate this was the upshot ;

http://beastwaymtb.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/velopark-unsuitable-for-beastway-2014/

My mate text me after riding it basically said ‘it’s good for kids’

Raouligan
    Free Member

I had a play on the bits I could access last week, on the grounds that council tax has paid for it and everything has been behind fencing for years, so if it’s not it’s fair game.

I have to say I think Andy Waterman has it spot on it’ll be no use for racing in it’s current guise, but hopping in to ride the trails for free should be no problem I’d have thought.

shermer75
    Free Member

Swung by there a couple of hours ago, apparently the full MTB course will be open in a month

cinnamon_girl

I’ve had an invite to the Velo Park track but too terrified to have a go. 😳

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Bespoke Bike show is there in a couple of weeks IIRC.

tang
    Free Member

Bespoked 11/12/13. I’ll be working there on the organisers team, so say hi if you see a tall dark bespectacled guy with long hair running about!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lee Valley Velopark in that there London’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts