Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • lee quarry TANDUM DH RUN
  • simonm
    Free Member

There was a funny moment on the steps trail where someone asked can you not lift the front wheel 😉

Mugboo

Stuart’s totally fearless. Having a wooden leg doesn’t make a jot of difference to him 🙂 Apart from not being able to stand up to pedal.

It does make the rest of look a bit spineless though because he’ll tackle owt 🙂

If anyone’s got a spare 10 grand, he can get a really cool leg with a Fox shock that will mean he can stand up and pedal.

Singletrackworld engineering types step forward…

nbt

Wasn’t at the wwekender, but

a) obvious troll is obvious
    b) Stuart has my respect just hearing about him
    c) I WANT THAT TANDEM

stavromuller
    Free Member

I was just in front of the tandem in the xc for some time on the first lap. If it was me on the white Mount Vision then please give your dad and sis my humble apologies for being such a crap rider 😳

thethirdpoliceman
    Free Member

Stavromuller, thanks, if it was you do not worry, we were unscathed and these things happen, the stoker was laughing about it.

watsontony
    Free Member

thay should hold a dh only event some time. then we can see what speeds the course can be done at. although there were some fast guys compromises had to be made because of the xc race.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Disagree. That course wouldn’t have been any (if at all) faster on a full on DH bike.

watsontony
    Free Member

i would like to see it done by a decent dh rider and see. i think it would be faster. not loads faster but 15-20 seconds faster. got to be aint it ? and if plp wer all on full dh bikes then the course could be a lot diffrent

Mugboo

It would also be missing the whole point of the event..

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

There were a lot of decent DH riders there.

And the course couldn’t be too much different… the existing trails use the drop as best they can. Building a ‘proper’ downhill track there would be difficult as the terrain is shallow drops followed by flat bits. In the grand scheme of things, I don’t think theres a lot of vertical drop.

billysugger
    Free Member

Setting off from the far end of Cragg quarry onto nice little trail with a few kickers down to Lee quarry and doing the red around the outside of Lee Quarry and the usual way down to the car park is a decent long (ish) run.

I’ll be doing it tomorrow.

Not strictly downhill, bit of uphill in the middle. Fun though.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘lee quarry TANDUM DH RUN’ is closed to new replies.