Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lee Quarry New Trails
  • TonyL
    Free Member

Work has started on the new trails and already you can tell its going to be good! Rowan and his team are going to be working up there for the next few months on the new trails by all means have a look at what is going on but please don't try and ride any of the new trails until they are finished. If you do ride them before they are ready it just makes loads more work for us and can wreck them. I know its tempting but please keep off them and encourage others to do the same for us.

As soon as they are ready to use we will make sure people know about it.

Existing trails are all still open and usable.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I saw the diggers up there yesterday.I hoped they were digging new trails and not just rearranging the several tons of dog poo that is scattered about the place.

The next dog walker I see will get a kick up the arse.

The black route was a bit icy and slippery; but so was the road.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Yes it is the new building work. I'll be starting work there next week as part of the team and you can expect regular updates through the Blog on the front page.

grantway
    Free Member

Want to ride this year up there after I sort out my bulging disc
    in my back.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i'm considering taking a roadie mate who just got a full sus MTB off his dad up there tomorrow; what sort of condition are the existing trails in? i'm guessing that the first set of berms with the 3 drops and the rollercoaster/berms/jumps are pretty rutted… anybody confirm please?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Had a chat with the Welsh trail builders today and it sounds good for the future apart from thinking about charging for car parking [tightarseicon]

The new trails can't be ridden on and they are working on the skills area at the moment. On the trail the top section was a bit draggy with all the snow melt but the rest was as good as normal.

3 loops of the black and only 1 dab, quite chuffed although I've not got the balls to ride straight down onto the 2 log section at the bottom of the black and into the quarry as yet 😳

They are spending a bit of money on art work as well

mattp
    Free Member

where is lee quarry?

TonyL
    Free Member

existing red and black are fine to ride, skills area is out of commission for a couple of weeks while it is revamped (it is going to be great!)

Don't know where the charging for car parking has come from we have no plans for that.

Keep an eye out for Ed's blog which will be starting soon for uptodate info on conditions and how the new build is going.

If you do go riding up there please KEEP OFF the new stuff it is not ready to be riden and doing so will just make more work and potentially stuff it up. If you see anyone riding the new stuff please ask them not to. It won't be much fun at the moment anyway.

Also if you are up there in the week please be extra careful when near the machines, if there is signage and tape up please take notice of it it is meant for you not someone else! Getting cliped by a bucket would not be good for anyone!

TonyL
    Free Member

That sculpture in the last photo is for the trials riders to ride on by the way.

chorlton
    Free Member

where is lee quarry?

Here it is.

Just a few jumps.

Or the easy route. 🙂

It's Bacup, Lancashire. Car park's around about SD863217.

higgo
    Free Member

Jesus, that's ugly.
    The sculpture's OK though.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Higgo – Member
    Jesus, that's ugly.

Says the Whyte rider 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry New Trails’ is closed to new replies.