Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lee Quarry for dog walking
  • whyteskye
    Free Member

Hi all

I have recently moved about 8 miles from Lee Quarry but haven’t been riding there yet. I was wondering first though if the quarry has any suitable grounds for dog walking, or is it a no-go area for walkers? The Mrs doesn’t ride but likes the look of the area for visit walking if possible

If so, please can any regulars advise on where you would park and how to avoid the trails?
    Many thanks

whyteskye
    Free Member

Ah, i just seen the other thread regarding crossers tearing up the place.  Such a shame, i think we will avoid the quarry for now especially having the dog running wild

binners

Where have you moved to Whyteskye?

There are loads of us who are fairly local, and you’re definitely in the right area for joining us on Monday Night Pub Rides.

As for dog walking, you’re surrounded by miles of open moorland. Its dog walking Nirvana. I haven’t even got a dog, but regularly take my mates dog out with him, and we’ll walk for miles over the moors. What normally dictates our route is which pub we fancy ending up in. Which is something else we’ve no shortage of round here 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

Lee Quarry is much better for dog walking than it is bike riding.

whyteskye
    Free Member

Thanks Binners, I live in Todmorden.  Trouble is i work in salford Mon-Fri and don’t usually get back home until 7pm.

I do a lot of riding over the moors of tod / hebden / walsden etc and taken part in a few marathon charity rides, hence why i haven’t sampled Lee quarry or Havok yet

Where are you guys based?

nickc

Ooh, Havok… Keep meaning to have a go at some point  thanks for the reminder

binners

Whyteskye – I’m in Ramsbottmom, but there’s a sizeable contingent from Todmorden. We ride all over the place on the Monday Night Pub Rides. Last nights was Littleborough. Next week is Rammy. Tod is a regular one. We kick off at 8.15, so time wise you should be ok

The MNPR thread aways gets posted on here on a Thursday morning, so if you check then, you can see where we’ll be riding the following Monday. Hopefully we’ll see you soon

This weeks thread:
    https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mnpr-monday-14th-mordor/page/2/#post-9988424

whyteskye
    Free Member

Great stuff thanks.  I’m not the quickest rider but i’ve been down the likes of the the front of the pike and managed okay.  i will have to meet up next time tod comes around and maybe ill learn a few things from the pro’s 🙂

binners

If you’re not the quickest rider then you’ll fit right in. Rear gunner position is a hotly contented mantle which I usually win. Pace is ‘social’ (which as we all know is the diplomatic way of saying slow),

An encyclopaedic knowledge of the beer, pie and crisps situation in most north west pubs is a distinct advantage

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry for dog walking’ is closed to new replies.