Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lee quarry and 10yr old kid. Good mix?!
  • meadowedge
    Free Member

Never been over to Lee quarry and was wondering if there was any point taking my 10yr old son over?
    Is most of the loop rideable for an average kid or would he be stuck on the pump track?
    Any info appreciated.
    Cheers.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

there’s certainly stuff there for him but a lot of it is very rocky and technical. You know his capabilities best, without stating the obvious make sure he’s protected. Seen quite a few dad’s n lads up there with no protection at all

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to keep it to the pump track initially .there are some pretty sharp edges and opportunities to hurt himself even on the red sections .the skills area might be fun as well

grim168
    Free Member

I wouldn’t, he’ll only show you up 😀

Andituk
    Free Member

You say stuck at the pump track, but he’ll probably just want to stay there all day anyway 😀

I’d ride it yourself first, and see what you think he’s capable of. There’s some sections I’m sure he’d be ok on, but others have some big drops off to the sides. The good thing about Lee Quarry is that you can pick and choose sections and miss others off if you want, its pretty easy to find your way round.

He probably won’t love the climb up to the quarry much though 😀

LapSteel
    Free Member

There’s plenty of 10 yr olds that go up on their BMX’s and play on the pump tracks. The red route might be a bit technical in places but its mostly OK.

Try and pick a day that isnt too windy though

uwe-r
    Free Member

Its not really one loop more a load of trail sections all densely interlinked. You could find some small sections that are easily do-able and fun and just keep riding them.

The signage is very poor for a trail centre and it can be hard to workout where you are (and if your going the right way) on the trails which can be a problem.

I would avoid the climb round to the left at the top, overly rocky for a climb where lots of chain rings have been killed by this section.

meadowedge
    Free Member

Sounds like a reccy trip is required. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lee quarry and 10yr old kid. Good mix?!’ is closed to new replies.