Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LED strip lights
  • z1ppy
    Free Member

I need a decent replacement for our under cupboard light strip but as the set I have are wired in to the mains (not a plug), I’m struggling to locate a ‘set’ but not in a rush to just cut the plug (& fuse) off. Any suggestions for a supplier, as I’d like a decent long lasting kit, not another ebay special?
    Current set are flashing on/off after a good years use, so I don’t know if their transformer is dying or the LED’s causing the issue but assume as they were cheap, their on their way out

jeffl
    Free Member

Assume this if for a kitchen. Do you want standard white light or those colour changing ones you get on ebay?

I got one of these to replace our old fluorescent tube light. https://www.screwfix.com/p/sylvania-led-linear-under-cabinet-batten-warm-white-4w-300mm/3808x

nickjb
    Free Member

If it is hard wired then hopefully it is into the lighting circuit and that will already be “fused” (on an MCB). TLC stuff is usually pretty good. Huge range so you should find something to suit: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_Menu_Index/index.html.

z1ppy
    Free Member

cheers guys, my concern is though the internal lighting circuit will be fused, as it serving a range of lights, will it be too high for a device that normally uses a power powered fuse (eg 5amp on a 15 amp circuit).
    I was looking a those strips of LED light you unroll and cut to length but maybe better off with a mode standard type LED light as you guys suggest.

alibongo001

I’ve used some of these and they are still working years later

LED Strip Lights

Would they do?

KR
    Alastair

jim25
    Free Member

I buy all my led equipment for my jobs form these guys Arc led

nickjb
    Free Member

my concern is though the internal lighting circuit will be fused, as it serving a range of lights, will it be too high for a device that normally uses a power powered fuse (eg 5amp on a 15 amp circuit).

Lights should be on a 6A MCB, if it is 15A then you have some other issues to deal with.

z1ppy
    Free Member

That should be the case then Nick, the kitchen was rewired when extended, I was guessing at the figure, not actually checked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘LED strip lights’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.