Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LED PIR Light recommendations…?
  • tillydog
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these:

amazon twin led pir light POS

but it is cheaply made Chinese rubbish, and rather predictably, one of the (non replaceable) LED lamps has failed after a few months.

Any recommendations for something the same, but better?

I’m looking for one with two lamps so that it can be fitted near the corner of the house and set to illuminate approximately along each wall (if that makes sense…)

jimw
    Free Member
    mick_r

Separate lamps of your choice and hidden microwave sensor?
    https://www.toolstation.com/360-white-microwave-sensor/

The microwave one seems less prone to false triggering and can see through wood and plastic – so can hide it in the soffit to prevent intruders fiddling with / disabling it (just needs a tiny hole for the daylight sensor).

tillydog
    Free Member

Thanks – The reviews for that Screwfix one don’t inspire confidence:

“First unit’s LEDs lasted 6 months, the second 4 months and the third (and final) lasted 6 months”
    “Stopped working after 2 months”
    “the unit failed after 7 months”

I’d prefer a single fitting so that I can just mount it on the existing junction box without having to rewire anything (lazy, I know!). Happy with PIR – not too bothered about false triggering, and it’s just for lighting the path to the front door, so security isn’t a big concern.

TheGingerOne

I now have 2 of the following: MEIKEE 50W Floodlight LED Motion Sensor

I did the normal search on Amazon of looking for a light with a lot of positive reviews. This one has 4.5 stars out of 5 with 6,500 reviews. That gave me confidence and as a result I am also very happy with them.

They are very bright and give good coverage. One is currently sited slightly too low (temporarily) and as a result it is quite blinding and causes very dark shadows, but once it is moved will be perfect like the other. They are also easy to fit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘LED PIR Light recommendations…?’ is closed to new replies.