Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LED Garage Lighting?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

As a sort of follow on from the other LED topic currently running (yes it defintely worth changing to LED bulbs in the house), has anyone tried LED’s in the garage?

I have two flurescent strip lights munching through 108 watts between them. I don’t get anywhere near enough light out of them. I was looking at the rolls of LED light but couldn’t determine whether they are just for ambience or for real lighting. I want loads of light, with a little ‘leccy bill. Not fussed about a white colour. Any advice?

Flaperon

LED strip can be very bright, as much as 36W/metre if you order the right stuff. Might look a bit weird stuck to the ceiling though. LED floods aren’t that expensive but the point light source and brightness might annoy you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Got led spots in work areas and over my tooll box but still kept my fluoro tubes – cant beat them for space lighting too many shadows wth the directional led lightjng ( trust me if i could get all led to do what i want i would)

cbike
    Free Member

The labcraft caravan and boat stuff is spendy but good.

The flexistrip isnt quite as bright.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I suspected shadows might be an issue. That could be a problem with some jobs. I’ve got a few spare GU10 LED bulbs so I’ll look at setting up some spot lights. Cheers

cbike
    Free Member

The labcraft caravan and boat stuff is spendy but good.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got some (rigid) LED strip set up in our beach hut, which is garage sized, for when we stay down after dark.
    Not sure what LEDs they actually are as Stoner very kindly gave them to me, but they’re plenty bright enough and run straight off a 12v leisure battery.
    Got some 5050 strip last week also for under work top use and that’s good too.
    I wouldn’t bother in a garage though unless you’re in there 5 hours every night – just not worth it.

TheBrick
    Free Member

You can but led replacement tubes, The ones I’ve seen require the ballast and capacitor to be removed and a link to be put in at one end.

CountZero
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LED Garage Lighting?’ is closed to new replies.