Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • LeCol Pro Rain jacket
  • footflaps

Still hunting for a good roadie waterproof, anyone tried this one?

MoreCashThanDash

I looked at it, not convinced it’s worth more than the equivalent Galibier.

13thfloormonk

Once you go Shakedry you’ll never go back, everything else just looks much of a muchness. I think there is only so breathable you can make any 3 or 2 layer laminate jacket. Does the Le Col bring anything new to the table?

Had a Galibier, un-be-lievably sweaty after 45 minutes reasonable effort, sent it straight back!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ioneonic

Not tried it but to echo above I’m not sure why anyone would buy something that isn’t Shakedry.( Unless you don’t want black )

footflaps

Unless you don’t want black

This. I have no doubt Shake Dry is the best fabric, but I’m simply not prepared to ride in the murky rain dressed up as Tarmac.

Although Rapha are supposedly launching some new non Black Shake-dry jackets any day ……

13thfloormonk

It’s a fair point, I just have a rear light, fluoro yellow/reflective gloves/reflective bits on socks etc.

It wouldn’t be my first choice for riding in the dark, but if I’m riding in the dark I can probably afford to sit up and slow down to avoid boil in the bag…

slowoldman

I’m not sure why anyone would buy something that isn’t Shakedry.

Price?

footflaps

The Lecol one is £240 which is about the same as Shakedry jackets.

Just sent a £290 Assos one back to Wiggle (too small), might try a larger size once I get refunded. Wasn’t that impressed by the feel of the fabric either.

Ioneonic

Well if you did decide on Shakedry I’d recommend the lightest,  least featured version which folds up smallest as it is the most versatile. Stays in my back pocket all year round as windproof and waterproof so I never use any other jackets.

schmiken

The Assos Schlosshund is expensive but I like it more than a ShakeDry.

footflaps

The Assos Schlosshund is expensive but I like it more than a ShakeDry.

That’s the one I tried, but Large was too small, might order an XL next..

MoreCashThanDash

Although Rapha are supposedly launching some new non Black Shake-dry jackets any day ……

Think it’s £270?

swedishmatt
    Free Member

The shakedry stretch is basically superb. I use it as my autumn jacket even if it’s not raining , no noticable sweat at all (really, no exaggeration) even when going full pelt.
    100% windproof too. Mine is dark blue not black and some sort of special edition which was cheaper.
    Sizing is way off, I’m in XXL and I’m a large in normal clothes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘LeCol Pro Rain jacket’ is closed to new replies.