Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Leave your comments on Charles’ new R6M show here
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Seventeen minutes and I’m unmoved.

fasthaggis

Picolax?

the-muffin-man

Don’t mind him and what he plays – he’s just not an afternoon show DJ for me. Not ‘matey’ enough.

jam-bo

i’d forgotten keaveny was going. I used to look forward to the PSA threads about him being on holiday.

derek_starship
    Free Member

he’s just not an afternoon show DJ for me. Not ‘matey’ enough.

Agreed.
    I wasn’t a listener to his old funk shows. He strikes me as a bit self indulgent with his music choices and too aloof to be really interested in what his audience are having for lunch.

And he said it was raining in Mancheter (which I’m sure it was) but his show is broadcast from Salford. My home city.

It’s 14:20 and I’m oot.

toby1

Not 1 terrible impression, so it’s a yes from me.

toby1

AND no bloody Bergerac theme tune, I hate/hated that.

Yak

Love it. Saturday evening, weekdays – whatever…bring it 🙂

ElShalimo

And he said it was raining in Mancheter (which I’m sure it was) but his show is broadcast from Salford. My home city.

Most people from outside the M60 don’t know they’re two different cities and the lost shoppers straying over the Irwell wouldn’t even know they were in bandit country

Speeder

Salford IS in Manchester isn’t it? Asking as an ignorant west country/midlander. ;o)

Anyway I think it’s a great appointment. I did really enjoy Keaveny’s show but thought that CC’s stint in the afternoons over lockdown 1 was fab so if it’s like that it’ll be great. There will be some class tunes and he’s not an idiot.

I think passing judgement after 20 mins is a bit daft.

willard

Which Charles? Prince, Ray or Craig? Sorry, not a big BBC Radio listener.

jamiemcf

I’m enjoying it, i do miss the Keavney show. I listened to his intro last week with Chris Hawkins, i never realised his past. i just knew him as Mr Lister, Robot Wars and the Funk and Soul Show.

I have a feeling Keavney will be missed but the world will keep turning and 6Music will still keep playing a wide range of tunes guaranteed to alienate listeners hankering after what was.

scuttler

For balance, Steve Lamacq on next. So progress in some respects. Not a fan though – you can stick your trunk-of-funk.

grum
    Free Member

Salford IS in Manchester isn’t it?

It’s in Greater Manchester but so is Bolton and you’d never call Bolton Manchester. Same for Wigan.

slowoldman

It is easy to see the continuous rainfall on Manchester from sunny Salford.

nuke

Anything better than Keavney so a yes for me but previously I’d happily listen to Craig on Saturday evenings if the radio was on… expecting to hear the Allergies a lot more in the afternoons!

binners

For balance, Steve Lamacq on next

For further perspective BBC Sounds is presently telling me that Sting is on Steve Wright in the afternoon

*shudders*

derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s 14:20 and I’m oot

Eh?

Speeder

derek_starship

Eh?

I’ve no idea what time I thought the program started but i think I was alerted to the fact that today was his first day so went on Sounds to find it so I was behind – It’s easy to confuse the stupid – apologies.

But it was his first show, it’ll take time to bed in – I’d give him a little lee way. Nothing’s perfect from the off. Having said that I liked what I heard.

Where is Keaveny anyway?

ElShalimo

Where is Keaveny anyway?

He popped up on Radio 2 last week…crivvens

tuboflard

Where is Keaveny anyway?

no longer a BBC employee I believe. And on his last show made it subtly clear not of his choice. I think he’s doing a podcast of some description now.

Caught of a bit of Charles’ show. Average. Not going to go out of my way to tune in and probably should have known as always switched off on a Saturday as soon as Gilles Peterson finished (yeah I know, each to their own).

Flaperon

For further perspective BBC Sounds is presently telling me that Sting is on Steve Wright in the afternoon

I loathe Steve Wright but subjecting him to Sting is a step too far.

Listened to Craig Charles today and I’m quite happy with it based on a couple of hours listening.

With any luck Steve Wright will retire to spend more time with his ego and the world will be better for everyone.

scratch
    Free Member

Anyone care to sign my petition to bring George Lamb back to a weekday daytime slot?

CountZero

I wasn’t a listener to his old funk shows. He strikes me as a bit self indulgent with his music choices and too aloof to be really interested in what his audience are having for lunch.

Not a fan though – you can stick your trunk-of-funk.

Clearly not paying attention, Craig is about a whole lot more than the funk show, that format severely limited what he’s actually interested in. He grew up listening to Zeppelin and other similar rock bands, then his dad started playing him a lot of the old blues and soul music that influenced them. He was being interviewed on 6 before he took over the show, and played three tracks that he particularly likes, one of them was Rush, not exactly funk, or soul.
    Expect funk, punk, rock…

Anyone care to sign my petition to bring George Lamb back to a weekday daytime slot?

‘Koff! Lamb was a third-rate Moyles knock-off, and Moyles was rubbish, far too fond of the sound of his own ego. Like plenty of radio presenters before him, felt he was too restricted by the radio format for his sparkling wit and personality to shine, so got his own tv chat show.
    Went well, that. Last heard of boring tiny audiences on some trashy digital station.

edhornby

I thought it was ok – I’m in the office so won’t get to compare, but it’s early days. I thought he was good as a step in for Lurpack during lockdown.

I’m bored of the Funknsoul show now, too much of the same thing but that can be true of any genre specific show

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

If you’re missing Keaveny this may help.

https://catsingangs.uk/onions

jambourgie
    Free Member

I like Craig. Loved old Shaun but having some upbeat music to work to is nice rather than the mumbling i could rarely hear. He’s got humour too which is refreshing and quite rare these days.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Leave your comments on Charles’ new R6M show here’ is closed to new replies.