Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • leatherman warranty?
  • Del

got one of the wee ones ( squirt ) and managed to break a blade off the pliers. anyone any experience of returns with these guys?
    be nice to get it back in the toolkit and the pliers were really useful on occasion.
    ta.

Sui
    Free Member

give the authorised service centre a call. Cant say i’ve ever known anyone to use the warranty (10 years) or guarantee (25 years). Mine is still going strong (Charge TI)

WHITBY & CO.
    AYNAM MILLS
    CANAL HEAD NORTH
    Kendal, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    Phone: +44 1539-721032
    Fax: +44 1539-729573
    sales@whitbyandco.co.uk

bencooper
    Free Member

I broke the pliers on my Squirt by, basically, trying to cut wire that was way way too big for them. Posted a broken and very battered Squirt to them, got a brand new Squirt by return of post.

They’re ace.

Sui
    Free Member

ben where did you send it out of interest – US or UK? (just for future refernce)

mattstreet

I had a Juice break on me – one of the holding spring things snapped.

Sent off to Whitby & Co. and received a brand new one in the post a few days later. No fuss and good service. 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

UK – there was an online return form I think.

trail_rat
    Free Member

see its the new part that annoys me :d

i want to get my leatherman wave fixed – one of the flat blades got broken fitting avid pads.

i dont want a new one – this one was a 21st birthday present from agroup of mates at the shop and is engraved such.

might just retire it to my tool box.

Sui
    Free Member

ta -Del, think there’s your answer. I reckon Leatherman are a bit like Gerber and Maglight (who are quite frankly amazing, after having replaced a 6 D Cell maglight years ago after being run over by a tank) – they are the US equivelent of Hope i’d say.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m sure if you ask they can do a blade replacement – I seem to remember doing that with the old Charge Ti I had.

Atomizer

I’ve had two Leatherman (men?) break for the same reason – the leaf spring arrangements inside the body have snapped – a Juice and a Ti Charge.

Both sent back to Whitby and Co – brand new replacements by return – very good service.

Sui
    Free Member

TR – call the people, you never know they may try and repair it if you explain..?

mattstreet

TR – Chances are it’s uneconomic to repair but worth giving them a call or e-mail to find out.

If yours is just going to head to the bin and they just need to see it to assess it, they might be able to return it along with a replacement… ?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

sent mine back to the kendal address about 5 years ago and got a new one back, ace service, ace warrenty. I need to do thiis again soon as i snapped a blade again recently but dont want to be without it for long. must get around to it.

Del

TR, i just called whitby and co ( thanks for the number Sui! ) and they made mention specifically in their system that if the item you have is of sentimental value you should drop them a mail about it. they are leatherman.co.uk.

thanks for the help everyone!

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers Del will get on it.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Thanks to the stw hivemind, this has reminded me to get the scissors on my style repaired. Again, large sentimental attachment (gift from a dead friend) so have just emailed whitby & co.

iolo
    Free Member

Wow. They sound like a wonderful replacing snapped blades under warranty.
    Surely those kind of breakage were caused by user error no?

st

I contacted them a while back as my Crunch is in a biot of a mess, they sent me a service form and told me that for a chanrge of around 20 quid they’d give it a full service reaplcing any worn out or broken parts which seemed good to me.

Still got to pull my finger out and send it off though.

turboferret

I managed to break my Juice pliers using it as a pin spanner 🙁

The guys in Kendal as listed at the top were spot on in replacing it very quickly 🙂

Cheers, Rich

lemonysam
    Free Member

Hey, I used to handle customer service for one of the UK’s biggest leatherman retailers so have a fair bit of experience of this.

Whitby and Co are exceptionally good, they’ll honour warranty claims on virtually any tool you send back to them and will do blade/tool replacements on any of the full sized tools aside from newer riveted ones. Smaller tools (Juice, squirt) are usually riveted so usually the whole tool usually needs to be replaced.

I’ve sent back a tool to them which was 20 years old and looked like it had been dug up from a swamp. By a JCB. They couldn’t fix it so the bloke got a brand new tool and his old one returned to him, since it had sentimental value.

grim168
    Free Member

Damaged the wire cutter part of the pliers on my wave. Sent it back to Whitby and co at kendal. It came back repaired at no charge. Mine is engraved and I got the same one back. Top service.

st

I’ve just had a new warranty claim form sent through from Whitby and there is an option to request that your original tool is returned rather than replaced

benp1

Leatherman warranty is outstanding mate, send it back and they’ll very likely replace it

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘leatherman warranty?’ is closed to new replies.