Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Leather repair…
  • boblo
    Free Member

The knowledgeable of STW will be all over this…

Mrs Boblo’s leather S&M gear is in need of repair after some high mileage/high jinks*

I need to glue a leather patch over a fabric/leather seam that’ll continue to get lots of ‘traffic’ (read ‘abrasion’). What’s best for permanently gluing leather to leather/fabric that’s subject to high wear? Must be waterproof and flexible. Area can’t be stitched.

Ta.

*Not really. Just ski gloves that have wear where the ski edges catch the thumb when you pick them up. Slightly duller than bondage kit I know…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Proper contact adhesive*. Properly applied ie read and follow the instructions possibly.

And thin the edge of the patch down (on the glue side) before attaching so you don’t leave a lip to catch.

*Personal opinion but spray contact adehisive does my nut i like to be able to see I have applied a proper thin coat.

csb

Does this need to be cosmetically as well as functionally fixed? I’ve done similar with clear silicon sealant.

igm

Inner tube.

Fix anything that will.

igm

Or coat the leather in Putoline to reduce the friction.

I’m not helpful really, am I?

boblo
    Free Member

@igm gyc… 😉

boblo
    Free Member

Does this need to be cosmetically as well as functionally fixed? I’ve done similar with clear silicon sealant.

Aye I was initially thinking of mebbies Black Witch or something which is neoprene glue. I could just bodge it with glue/silicone but wanted to do the side that is worn (the right, the hand I pick up with most) and the left that hasn’t gone yet. I’ve just spent the week as a lefty to avoid making the damage any worse. Annoying as these gloves are pretty new and nearly as expensive as niche cycling kit…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Leather repair…’ is closed to new replies.