• This topic has 107 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by pjm7.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Least listenable record you own.
  • ratherbeintobago

Apparently, in my case it’s the Dead C’s famous Trapdoor **** Exit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think I have a deftones around the fur which even teenage me struggled to listen to.

Also some 2003 ish punk band called Propagrumbies (that’s spelt wrong and google isn’t helping) which were up there with Sleaford Mod’s for just being unlistenable to crap.

edhornby

I’ve got loads of CDs that would frighten small children… the things that even I can’t listen to, I think I have an experimental Pat Metheny solo album that even I didn’t get to the end of. There’s very few things that I’ve not heard all of, at least once or twice.

maccruiskeen

I have an album by yello that’s completely silent on one side – there’s a groove but no sound. So I guess you can’t listen to no music

stumpy01

I bought a Ginger Wildheart album/collaboration called Mutation from Pledge Music.
    There was info about it being a bit different from the normal stuff he brings out, but jesus christ that CD is weird! Listened to it a few times & gave up on it.

The Metallica album Death Magnetic sounds so distorted & clipped that I can’t listen to it; literally from a sound point of view, rather than a piece of music point of view.

onehundredthidiot

Primal scream vanishing point. Don’t think I’ve ever got all the way through.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

null

Its the only SACD I own. It was expensive, the guy in the shop forgot to put it in the box so I had to get him to post it separately.

It’s utter shite.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed.

martinhutch

Caher

David Grey album. Ex has it and she can keep it.

DezB
    Free Member

This, probably. Bleedin terrible

edlong
    Free Member

Finally, being a semi-obsessive Lou Reed fan gives me something to win a thread with.

Metal Machine Music.

It’s literally impossible to listen to it to the end.

EDIT: Damnit!!! Three minutes!

hot_fiat

I set a mate of mine a challenge when he asked what I wanted for my for my birthday one year: “get me something eclectic” said I.

He then imposed a triple box set of Ozric Tentacles on me. It’s like the musical equivalent of Vogon poetry. Suppose he met the challenge.

failedengineer

My other half expressly forbids any Incredible String band/Robin Williamson music within her earshot. I love it, me.

colonelwax
    Free Member

The Metallica album Death Magnetic

The Metallica album St Anger, sounds like they replaced the drums with saucepans.

DezB
    Free Member

Buy a record by the band I went to see on Tuesday night and you’ll win this thread – Black Midi
    Holy shite they’re bad.

johndoh
    Free Member

@martinhutch

The hours of fun I had listening to that as a kid 🙂

ratherbeintobago

an experimental Pat Metheny solo album

Jesus.

I also have Gary Young from Pavement’s solo album. It is bad.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have a Limp Bizkit CD.

Or even worse (maybe, I’m not so sure now) a single by Napoleon XIV called ‘They’re coming to take me away Ha-Haaa!’ The flip side of which is the A side played in reverse

ratherbeintobago

I think there should be rules on this.

Has to be an actual record, so no sound effects LPs.
    Has to not be a novelty thing (which might exclude the Gary Young record mentioned above).

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Squarepusher ultravisitor? Never got past track 3.

Re: ozrics, I agree a hard listen, however the techno off shoot “eat static” – 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Haven’t owned a record for approx twenty years but when I did it was probably a Prefab Sprout one that first got the heave ho, although I did own stinkers by Whitesnake, Art Of Noise, and the aforementioned ‘Yello’

Re: ozrics, I agree a hard listen, however the techno off shoot “eat static”

funkmasterp

I bought some terrible albums in my youth. Used to take a punt based on the album cover and it was a very hit and miss affair. I think the winner has to be either Crazy Gods of Endless Noise or Root Juice. Can’t recall the album names though.

pnik

+1 Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed.

Ciccone Youth whitey is pretty bad apart from the 2 singles.

bob_summers

Had a couple of those BBC sound effect records.

Worst is probably a live bootleg Sex Pistols record. Crap gig, crap recording, pressed on rizla-thin vinyl. You can hear side two while side one is playing. Cost me several weeks’ pocket money from the record shop at Lancaster market.

Nobody has ever liked my Troutmask Replica, though I love it to bits.

ratherbeintobago

Ciccone Youth whitey is pretty bad apart from the 2 singles

It’s not that bad.

panzerjager
    Free Member

I bought 4 Non Blondes LP on the strength of their one hit, what’s up…its utter shite.
    It runs a close 2nd but bought a Sanguine record from a gig when they supported a very young Muse in the Exeter Cavern, its proper Screamo stuff& is equally dreadful!

Dezb, I think the Black Midi album is awesome!

donkeysled

I bought a Buthole Surfers cd in around’92. It was so bad I took it back to the shop and they proceeded to walk me out of the door telling me that they weren’t a library.
    Deftones Around the Fur, All Metallica as mentioned above I love,
    My bad, don’t obviously own it anymore.
    I suppose then anything solo by Billy Corgan

easily
    Free Member

I bought an album called “We hate you South African bastards” by a group called Microdisney just because I liked the title. I didn’t ever listen to the whole thing.

verses

It’s a toss up between “How to Destroy Angels” (aka, Trent Reznor letting his Mrs have a go on his mixing desk) or Pearl Jam’s “No Code” (aka “we don’t like the hipsters that like our music just because it’s cool, so this’ll put em off”)

RustySpanner

I actually like it, but as above, everyone else seems to hate it…..

Or possibly…..

🙂

funkmasterp

Nobody has ever liked my Troutmask Replica, though I love it to bits.

I love it, great mad as a box of frogs album.

somafunk

Jack Johnson, dunno what the album is called but i imagine “music for bedwetters”

RustySpanner

This is a bit, er, challenging.

I don’t own a physical copy, a mate has the LP and used to play it all the time.

Not the best soundtrack for early teenage experiments with hallucinogenics….

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I think the least played album I have is an album many people consider a classic..
    Joshua Tree by u2. bought it in the 80’s,I don’t even know if I got to the end of it.
    I’ve probably got some others in the collection,but I can’t remember which.

DezB
    Free Member

Another Trout Mask Replica fan here 😊

Dezb, I think the Black Midi album is awesome!

I think there were a fair few at the gig who think the same! It was like I was in my own bubble of WTF??

devbrix
    Free Member

Auto De Fe by SPK 1983. In my avant-garde days went to see them live. An hour of someone ‘playing’ an angle grinder was enough to cure me of that particular phase.
    +1 for Throbbing Gristle, same phase

aide

My worst has to be John Frusciante’s second solo album ‘smile from the streets you hold’ – it was basically recorded as he ran out of money for drugs, and its clearly apparent that he was desperate at the time

Spin
    Free Member

Knew Beefheart would get a mention!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Least listenable record you own.’ is closed to new replies.