Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Least like a bog?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Im going out tomorrow from near wigan, thinking llandegla, peaks round new mills way or rivvy. Anyone know if any of these are in any way dry and not a mud bath?

flashpaul
    Free Member

Rivington won’t be dry , it’s been pissing down for weeks and it’s only ever dry one Sunday in August

carlos
    Free Member

New Mills and Hayfield won’t be dry but won’t be too much of a mud bath either.

You could start over at Marple, through the Roman Lakes, New Mills, up towards South Head, Coldwell Clough, 20 Trees, Middle Moor (wettest and boggy in places) round Lantern Pike, Rowarth, Back Lane and through the golf course back into the Roman Lakes.

It’s a good loop for a couple of hours or also makes a decent night ride

Carlos

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

that’s not far off where I was thinking Carlos, that’s pretty much my bread and butter but I like to take in the little mill inn descent and zig/zag too. Zig was a river a few weeks back though.

jekkyl

I have no personal experience of any of those places but faced with that choice I’d take degla. The hard packed tracks of a trail centre are gonna be far less boggy than any natural trail at the minute.

carlos
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a decent loop, that description isn’t in its fullest form though, just a general route but takes in the bits you mention and some others when you link it all up.

1/2 decent brew and toastie at The Roman Lakes cafe too

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Least like a bog?’ is closed to new replies.