Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Learning to jump part two – SHEFFIELD
  • gravity-slave
    Free Member

Good idea, but rather than build it up to a big initimidating jump session with expectations, to start with, why not just head up and have a look at the jumps, check the lie of the land, watch the locals on the back straight and ride the pump track? Concentrate on flowing over the humps and getting the feeling of the bike unweighting before building up speed.

It’s not the best track to learn to jump on, lots of jumps are technical and/or committed – I prefer Wincobank or Staveley.

Track:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=0&msa=0&msid=105880598043233341656.000444663a9f540f96d64&ll=53.391378,-1.509129&spn=0.00128,0.003219&t=h&z=18&iwloc=00044466834d1f602f8a8&source=embed

Pump track:

Locals (well, local and former local!):

thepodge
    Free Member

Anything involving a classroom and booking someone to drive up and coatch us sounds far too serious for me.

I was thinking a few hours larking about then the pub

ourkidsam
    Free Member

^ this

Pook

^ this +1.

jedi

a group of like minded riders all trying something new is so cool! 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

^ Awesome! …so THAT’S what jumping is!

That’s my local pump track!! and I feel well chuffed with myself when I can get all the way round at a depressingly slow speed without my wheels ever leaving the ground. 😛 I typically have groms whizzing by me and various sphincter clenching moments as the rear wheel goes unintentionally airborne over the humpy bits.

I have no idea what I’m doing, but it’s great fun! I think my somewhat fascistically jay approach to saddle height may be hindering me though. 😕

thepodge
    Free Member

Right, I think a Bolehills jump and pub ride is in order. It’ll be the shortest STW group ride ever

TN
    Free Member

Yay. What Podge says. 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

Cool, I’ll get my organising hat on and see what I can come up with

swisstony
    Free Member

cool, count me in, i’m the first rider out in the youtube vid and i need all the help i can get!

thepodge
    Free Member

We tried to get Will to enter this years pumptrack comp but he wimped out.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Learning to jump part two – SHEFFIELD’ is closed to new replies.