Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Leap Motion – anyone got theirs today?
  • andyl
    Free Member

Just got home and had a fedex package waiting for me – shiny Leap Motion controller inside. Anyone else?

Out of curiosity I looked on ebay to see if they had hit there and yup, people asking £100-140 for something you can buy direct for £76 shipped (from within the EU not USA).

bigG
    Free Member

Yup I got mine, set it up and had a brief play around. I think it’s going to take a fair bit of getting used to!

andyl
    Free Member

yeah they make it look easy!

I was expecting a settings mode to let you say where it goes around the PC – eg to the left or right but nothing so a bit confused as to whether it will auto set up. Fancy making a screen top mount to hang it off the top of my laptop screen to see how it works.

bigG
    Free Member

There’s a video as part of the setup that shows where it goes (at least there was for me) , I’m struggling to adjust the sensitivity though, it’s a bit skittish

monotokpoint
    Free Member

missed the delivery so will have to wait another day!

rwc03
    Free Member

Agree, not as easy to integrate as they made out, expected to be able to rotate and zoom in most software but no such luck.

Not 100% sure what to do with it now, might be going on ebay.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Got mine today, but not had a chance to play with it yet.

Agree, not as easy to integrate as they made out, expected to be able to rotate and zoom in most software but no such luck.

That seems to sum up most of the reviews I’ve seen since its release, would have been nice if the technology sites could have been a little more guarded in their opinions of the pre release versions. Might have saved a few people a bit of cash.

chambord
    Free Member

More interested in the tech behind it which they’re being very careful not to say anything about (For obvious reasons).

Shouldn’t be long before some clever boffins get some disparity images and point clouds from it though and it’ll be interesting to tinker with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Leap Motion – anyone got theirs today?’ is closed to new replies.