Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Leaning a forklift
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I got home and looked over to see how the work was progressing and thought, that’s not supposed to be there.

According to the builders, it’s just “leaning against the building”

toby1

Hah, you can see the guy in the background on the phone to his boss;

“So did you renew the liabaility insurance last week?”

Quote from the builders involved; “It’ll buff out”

🙂

piemonster

😯 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

forklift? looks like some kinda cherry picker type contraption to me. i should know, i’m a nurse.

spooky_b329

Nah, its got forks! Its a telescopic forklift/loadall. Obviously not best suited to being used as a crane :d

philconsequence
    Free Member

my mistake! was guessing by the size of the wheels, not like those girly forklifts you get down here in the south then

Pigface
    Free Member

I would say that is a Maniscopic fun bits of kit, the alarms in the cab would of been going mad before it fell over 😆

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Its a good job they didn’t put the stabilizers down. They might have bent them!!

VanMan
    Free Member

Why hasn’t he got the load feet out!!!

EDIT too slow typing ^^^

yetidave
    Free Member

maybe had the legs up as he was driving along, carrying his rather long load upright?

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Maybe!

globalti
    Free Member

Trying to slide a very long RSJ into the gable end of the building for the construction of an attic room, by the looks of it.

Back in the late 70s a massive crane, supposedly the biggest in Europe at that time, fell onto the roof of Wolverhampton Poly library for a similar reason – operators took off the legs and tried to move it with the jib elevated, it tilted and the jib swung, the pulley block swung round and crushed a road sweeper against the fence killing him. I heard the thump as it hit the roof.

fasthaggis

Is that where the solar panels are going ?

😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member
    BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Is that where the solar panels are going ?

windpower, perhaps?

sharkbait
    Free Member

They would not speak to The Courier but the construction manager confirmed: “We’re doing work on that part of the building — it’s being upgraded,

Really? Looks more like you’re knocking it down!

nealglover
    Free Member

Trying to slide a very long RSJ into the gable end of the building for the construction of an attic room, by the looks of it.

It’s going to be really easy now that half of the gable end is lying on the living room floor 😀

thehustler
    Free Member

must have been amatuer hour……

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Tut tut tut, not a hard hat between them.

maccruiskeen

Tut tut tut, not a hard hat between them.

they need to watch this instructional video (its a bit slow to get going FWD to about 1.40)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-oB6DN5dYWo[/video]

slackman99
    Free Member

Another case of a telehandler without the stabilisers down while lifting a load

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Leaning a forklift’ is closed to new replies.