Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Leaky XTR M988 Trail brake….
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Is it only shops that can get the spares to rebuild the lever? Seems to be some fluid seeping over the lever blade, coming from the reach adjust area. Happy to do the rebuild myself but can’t find the spares anywhere, nor a replacement lever for that matter.

jimc101
    Free Member

How old is it? Shimano XTR has a 3 year warranty and this model only came out in 2011, so you still maybe covered.

For repairing Shimano brakes, if you go down this option, look at the Tech Docs for your brakes, to see what parts are available, normally it’s limited to large assemblies. Any parts can be ordered via your LBS (with a Madison account)

Gotama
    Free Member

Interesting, thanks. Will check as I can’t remember when I bought it but might well be under that warranty as I certainly didn’t buy them as soon as they came out. Edit: January 2014 so should be warranty hopefully.

Thanks re the link. I know the lbs well and there’s a few other bits I need from them so hopefully they can order me the parts if required. Otherwise it feels a bit cheeky asking them to order £15 worth of parts so I can fit it myself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Leaky XTR M988 Trail brake….’ is closed to new replies.