Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Leaky Avid Elixirs – advice?
  • stevious

Got some elixir 5’s recently, and despite bleeding they seem to be taking on air and it seems there’s a wee bit of DOT fluid leaking from the compression nut bit in the lever.

When chopping/installing the hoses I pushed them in quite hard as advised and did the nut up as tight as I could with a wee spanner, but I guess I did this wrong somehow.

Just wondering if anyone has any good hints & tips of things to look out for before when i go to fix them, and also any techniques to make sure the hoses are definitely properly in?

Oh and there’s a shiny new donkey for the first poster to advise I get some hopes or shimanos instead.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Make sure the olive doesn’t sit too far down when you seat it in the lever otherwise you’ll get the leak

stevious

As in too far away from the barb? It looks like it’s more or less snug with the barb on the end of the hose, +/- a mm or so.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Mine did the exact same thing. I took it apart again and the olive didn’t look compressed, so reseated everything and held the brake hose in all the time i was tightening the compression nut as firm as possible, so far no leak has returned.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Leaky Avid Elixirs – advice?’ is closed to new replies.