Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Leaking XT BR8120 Levers are they Goosed?
  • TheGhost
    Free Member

I was pushing my pads apart in my XT 4 pot caliper earlier and oil came out of the round end of the upper resevoir cyclinder.

Does this mean new levers?

prezet
    Free Member

No, it probably just means your system was overfilled and when you pushed the pistons back the pressure caused the levers to expel the excess oil through it’s overflow port. That is what it’s there for.

argee

As above, it’s how the system allows oil to expand and not lock the brakes, only issue you have is you’ve lost oil and probably got a bit behind the diaphragm in the lever.

TheGhost
    Free Member

I’ve had hydraulic breaks since the first hope sports came out but I think I’m about done with them now.

It could be time for some Klampers.

argee

To be fair it’s the same thing that’s been on most brakes since hopes first came out, C2s you were able to wind it back, but everything after came with that diaphragm in the lever under the cap, with the hole, any overheating or overpressure and you’d get oil, it just doesn’t happen a lot, you were just caught out as you pushed the pads out and reversed the oil pressure towards the lever.

damascus
    Free Member

Next time you push your pads put the reservoir into the bleed port on the brake.

TheGhost
    Free Member

Thanks all. I topped up the oil and they are working fine with no leaks yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Leaking XT BR8120 Levers are they Goosed?’ is closed to new replies.