leaking fox seals – temporary quick fix?

Home Forum Bike Forum leaking fox seals – temporary quick fix?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • leaking fox seals – temporary quick fix?
  • d45yth

If they’re still working fine, can you not just use them as they are?

drummer

Sure they will hold on for another weekend or two ? Wipe it off and crack on ?

teenrat

They seem to be working fine, but if oil is getting out, then dirt could get in!

allthepies

When mine start leaking it’s often several weeks/months before I actually get round to fitting new seals. Don’t worry pet 🙂

chives

So long as they don’t suddenly appear to stop leaking, I’d think you were fine..

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

IMO a bit of dusty oil on the stanchions isn’t a big worry. Noticing oil dripping down the right lowers as you’re just at the top of the Calf on the Bowderdale loop was more of a worry for me, but it turns out that open bath Fox’s can do a fair bit before they run dry.

teenrat

I’m riding the doethie and Mynydd mallaen on saturday, but last night noticed that i have oily dirty rings on the right stantion of my fox vanillas. I dont have time to order new seals and service before saturday, so is there anything i can do as a temporary fix/clean etc so i can use them this weekend. Or i am i better not using them until they have been serviced? My alternative is swapping them with an old set of suntours, but i dont really want to use these!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘leaking fox seals – temporary quick fix?’ is closed to new replies.