• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Le Tour – Stage 15 – Surely today's finish is built for…
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

Just a short one today.

In its first fourteen stages, the Tour de France has made some people happy in the peloton but the majority remains disappointed or frustrated. Sprinters top that list. They’ve had very few opportunities to play on their favorite terrain so far because of some uphill finishes, so only two of them have found the way to glory: André Greipel (twice) and Mark Cavendish. Peter Sagan is yet to win a stage but he has almost secured the green jersey after winning the intermediate sprint of stage 14…

Another day in the massif central, another beautiful stage, another hot stage. Just look at the profile, surely this is day day for a certain someone to convert silver into gold?

Sounds like it was a great day yesterday, I only got to watch the last 10km on catch up. Fantastic victory for Cummings and MTN, great to see a wily old racer making experience count.

Live Coverage Options

Clover

Thanks! These threads are ace.

beej

Very happy for Cummings yesterday, clever riding. That overhead shot when he came past Pinot and Bardet was fantastic.

Today, could be a Sagan, Cav will try and get over the Cat 2 towards the end but you can see Tinkoff and maybe Katusha (for Kristoff) trying to make it as hard as possible to drop him.

I wonder if we’ll have more abusive incidents like yesterday?

speckledbob
    Free Member

All I’m saying, very quietly, is come on Peter.

grahamt1980

It’s a bit nasty but i do find the constant second places slightly amusing

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sagan better make this stick if he wants to win this one.

mt
    Free Member

yep I’m for Sagan this stage. am really starting to like this guy.

mrblobby
    Free Member

If that break gets to the finish my money would be on Kwiatkowski, or maybe Pinot, to go long with a few k to go then everyone to wait for Sagan to chase and drag them all back, which he won’t. So another second place and a few more points for the green.

TBH I can also see them playing Rodgers for the win and using Sagan to deter any chasers. So a Saxo Tinkoff 1-2 maybe.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Tinkoff mechanic just lobbed a bottle at the TV Camera

thekingisdead
    Free Member

mt – Member
    yep I’m for Sagan this stage. am really starting to like this guy.

At what point did you not like him!? He’s been class since day1! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

What happened to Cav? Commentary suggested he is in the back because he made some kind of mistake?

slowoldman

Loads of attacks on the uphill start and a number of riders didn’t hang on – including Cav. As Boardman keeps saying, sadly the TV coverage doesn’t show the first interesting hour.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ha, looks like everyone else was out enjoying the sunshine today too. Sorry to the Sagan fans if I cursed him, amazing effort from Greipel though.

The highlights said Cav had the trots today…

atlaz
    Free Member

Tinkoff mechanic just lobbed a bottle at the TV Camera

And got him and Yates a day at the hotel for it. Sagan swapping bikes for the sprint and they felt the TV bike got in the way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Le Tour – Stage 15 – Surely today's finish is built for…’ is closed to new replies.