Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Le Mans this weekend!
  • daviek

I know its a good few days away but already looking forward to it! Just had a quick look at the Eurosport schedule for the week but there doesnt seem to be any of the short programs like 24 minutes of Le Mans on although there are some just titles endurance racing. Will need to have a closer look when i get home.

I hope I can pull forward my usual fathers day and ask for the time to watch it 🙂

tenfoot

I’m going down there on Thursday, if I can shake off my heavy cold.

Haven’t been since 2011, so I’m looking forward to it, but also know how much I hate camping 😆.

jkomo

Oh my god, that’s a heavy weekend. I only went twice, camped on maison Blanc (I think).

simondbarnes

If my back has mended itself in time then heading down there tomorrow

jimdubleyou

Last time I went (long time ago, when we were all younger and considerably less wise) there were drinking games with pastis – it didn’t end well 🙂

Keep wanting to go back, but it’s often a busy weekend…

joebristol

I’ve been there twice – once with a couple of mates and once for my own stag do with a bigger group. Love it – epic weekend. Got a lot of stick dressed as Penelope Pitstop in a plastic dress on my stag – predictably obvs 🤣

Now I’ve got a daughter / wife / dog I can’t see how I’m ever going to get there again though sadly…..

tonyd

Love love love Le Mans. Haven’t been for ages and was talking about it just last weekend – drunken reminiscing that led to drunken planning!

mashr

Went in ’97 and ’98 and stayed at the Expo campsite back when tents were still allowed there. As I was only 16 then 17 and there with my uncle I think my experience was a bit different to most, and still awesome. Totally spoiled with the races I got to see though, so really hoping that LM(d)H has a proper impact and will look to head back again when there’s a decent field in the top classes

daviek

Hyperpole just started and ive been told fathers day is now this weekend so i can watch it 🙂

wipperman95
    Free Member

The Tour de France of Sportscar racing; a shame all these fans/ media don’t turn up to Spa, Monza like they do at Le Mans.
    It’s a bugbear of mine, like the Tour when all and sundry pass comments, but are nowhere when the Spring classics, or the Giro takes place.

For what it’s worth, it’s the last Le Mans before we see more manufacturers turning up and bringing real competition with the LMH/ LMDh hypercars. Could be the start of a golden era.

It’s hard to look past Toyota, but they did have a few issues late last year, and reliability is never guaranteed. Will they be pushed by Glickenhaus/ Alpine that causes issues?

Hoping for a Porsche win in GTE-Pro to make up for the disappointment of not winning the N24 with the ‘Grello’; one hopes Vanthoor has learned his lesson.

misteralz
    Free Member

I’ve only ever been to Le Mans for the Classic, and that was amazing. Haven’t been to Monza yet, but it’s in Italy so will be amazing as well. I’ve been to Zandvoort and Knockhill multiple times. I’ve been to Spa once and it was an organisational shitshow that made br*xit look like a masterclass in planning, and speaking to others I’m not alone in that experience. Maybe that’s why the fans don’t go to Spa?

I’ll have Eurosport on the telly all weekend. Looking forward to it.

mashr

Will they be pushed by Glickenhaus/ Alpine that causes issues?

I’d love to think so, but no. Any issues will just be “because Le Mans”

tenfoot

Missed the Hyperpole last night as we’d not long arrived. Got out for the last practice session. Camping on Epinettes as Maison Blanche is now a car park.

Le Mans at night is a very special thing. Love seeing the glowing rotors as the slow down for Dunlop bridge chicane.

Pit walk in 30 minutes and then the others in my party are off for the drivers parade, but it’s not something that’s ever interested me.

endoverend

Found classic Le Mans far more interesting. The sights and sounds of the older cars, got to be right up close in the pits due to some cheeky opportunism, stood a few metres away from a Gt40 as it screamed into the pits for a driver change sometime deep into the night. One of the best things ever. Lapped an eligible car round the circuit the day before, had 180 on the Mulsanne straight in an open top car thinking we were swift before being abruptly overtaken by a yank in a Corvette doing 200+ three abreast spitting up gravel from what is effectively the hard shoulder. Some things just set your pants on fire. Would do again.

therevokid
    Free Member

did the camping vert in 2001 (so wet they had to get the pace cars to slow down at one point … ! 🙂 )
    Those Viper’s on the overrun going into Mulsanne … phwoarrrr 🙂 🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I was hoping that the Peugeot was going to be ready, hopefully next year will see some better competition.

tenfoot

The Peugeot is amazing to look at. Hope it goes as fast as it looks.

I understand is that it’s first outing will be at Monza, in July.

simondbarnes

4 (almost) pints of Pelforth in Arnage this afternoon, back to the campsite for bread, cheese, red wine and then another bbq later 😋

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Looks like the Alpine has been BOPed out of contention 🤷🏻‍♂️

daviek

Looks like the Alpine has been BOPed out of contention 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aye, no idea why they got hit with the BoP stick, silly decision in my opinion

daviek

Lots happening this morning!

For those of you there you’ve lucked out with the weather 🙂

cakeandcheese

Last time I went was 2014 I think. Was a World Cup year, with England playing (iirc) USA on Saturday night. We walked into Arnage around 6pm from memory, watched the game then returned to the race.

What a few days. So much warm beer. So many merguez. So many trips to Super U to restock and use their bogs. So much racing! Those corvettes and their noise. The diesel Audis whooshing past. And the classic parade “race” before the main event, watching priceless old cars four wheel drifting through corners.

We left on Monday for the alps and had a week in morzine. Was in Spain the week before having a chilled holiday.

I miss Le Mans. I miss being part of and living in Europe. I also miss being young, single and carefree!

tenfoot

For those of you there you’ve lucked out with the weather 🙂

I’m going to be very British and moan about it being too hot at times.

Bonus of the good weather was I stayed up til 5.30 before retiring, without getting cold.

Back home to real life tomorrow ☹️

lesgrandepotato

Chicken pox at home so me and the bijou spud camped in the lounge and watched the full thing 🙂

simondbarnes

We may have purchased too much wine. Am trying my very best to drink my way through it though 😁

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.