Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • LBS Rip OFF
  • psling
    Free Member

about bikes – Member

… We do offer a free service LABOUR ONLY deal when customers purchase bikes at RRP £500 and above(this excludes any cyclescheme deals).

about bikes – Member

The free service deal we offer is straight down the line: Buy a bike above £450, at RRP and enjoy free labour for as long as you own the bike.

Puts me in mind of a bike seller I once met in the market at Marakesh 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tootall too true.

Mechnicals on group rides are hilarious though. If it’s a female then as above the males are queuing up to fix the bike, comment on set-up, offer to overhaul it etc.

Otherwise it’s a bloke and everyone is looking round to see if the lbs’ mechanic is on the ride to fix it for free.

xiphon
    Free Member

@ about bikes – if I didn’t do my own bike fixing/upgrades, I’d definitely want you as a LBS.

Discounts for local club riders, free labour for original bike owner for life, etc. Yes please!

thekingofsweden

Wow have i been sleeping all week ?

and

Pete Have you been to marakesh ?

To be fair tho i have just been listening to bloke on the radio who got blown up in the 7/7 bombings talking about patching people up, carrying them to safety and comforting the dying
    He hasn’t slept properly for 4 years.

Just shows some things are not that important

Happy riding

aboutbikes
    Free Member

Back again.

@SS Stu….Apologies….you are correct, it wasnt you said our location. I was a bit emo when I tapped out my responses-got my facts mixed up. Shame you will snub us due to one mistake (free hub pawls) though….we always try our best.

@PSling…..Ahem….theres me underselling again….at present its free labour on bikes at £450 but, with 2011 bike prices on the up….it will soon be £500.

Thanks to all who have called/mailed/ FB messaged with support….

Ade

singlespeedstu

Shame you will snub us due to one mistake (free hub pawls) though….we always try our best.

I only know about the problem as it was me that sorted it out for Paul so he could carry on riding.

I wouldn’t take it personaly. I don’t let anyone else work on my bikes anyway. 😉

That way if something goes wrong I only have myself to blame. 8)

TheSwede
    Free Member

Jas, you’re my hero. I haven’t slept properly since the day a met you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Making a aerosol of yourself among your peers online…priceless.

For everything else, like gear cables, there’s mastercard.

😎

thekingofsweden

Yeah lets all make jokes while i was being serious !

not at swede i loves him see kos he reminds me of sverige X

TheSwede
    Free Member

Wasn’t it Sverige where you gave me a reach around in front of a roaring log fire. You knows how to treat a lady x

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Errrrr come on boys keep it clean, I’m out waxing my board in the workshop and the thought of you two having a reach around is just plain WRONG 😯

tollah
    Free Member

Is this still going? Lol

As far as I see it my missus was nearly charged IMO too much. If everyone else here thinks that’s acceptable then fair enough, I must be tighter than I thought.
    As far as people wishing they had AB as their local shop then use them, they’re great most of the time hence why I didn’t name them and had intention to. They were pointed out albeit not bt name from another unhappy customer which I didn’t confirm. I do know many people that haven’t had such a great service but that’s between them and AB. and for a lbs to discuss private purchase details on a forum is unprofessional even more so when they are wrong!

Enough said I think. And KOS, food for thought, makes you think that there are certainly more important thing to talk about.

Happy trails.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

When they’re wrong?

I’m amazed at how little it was going to cost you. £18 for that sort of service in the middle of the city? You try getting it for that cheap in Manchester or Edinburgh. And goodness knows how much it’d be in London!

psling
    Free Member

Pete Have you been to marakesh ?

Funnily enough, I have actually been there! 8)

Ref the guy on the tube, I was reading about him the other day; ex SA forces, served in Kosovo, pushed his hand into the guy’s severed leg to pinch shut the artery ’til help arrived. Totally amazing.

I must be tighter than I thought

I’d be careful saying things like that with stu & the swede hanging around the thread. I hear they only use dry lubes 😯

singlespeedstu

I hear they only use dry lubes

Dry lubes cost to much. I just spit on it. 😯

tollah
    Free Member

Dry lubes cost to much.

Depends where you shop 😳

TheSwede
    Free Member

Waste of spit stu. Friction is your friend when it comes to barebacking.

thekingofsweden

Normal service has been resumed 😯

shoefiti
    Free Member

tollah – Member

Practically everything i’ve said on the internet – ever

Errrrrm when your in a hole, stop digging mate.

tollah
    Free Member

Shoefiti, I’m supposed to be the idiot on this thread so please make sure you get your facts right before quoting something otherwise it makes you look stupid as me.

mendip
    Free Member

This is an amusing and funny thread 😆

Just out of interest tollah, would you use and go back this bike shop again after this? I am sure the bike shop owner will be ok with you if you apologise?

shoefiti
    Free Member

tollah – Member

Shoefiti, I’m supposed to be the idiot on this thread so please make sure you get your facts right before quoting something otherwise it makes you look stupid as me.

Come on now, i don’t think that’s likely 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘LBS Rip OFF’ is closed to new replies.