Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • LBS – How exactly have they fitted my innertube.
  • Xylene
    Free Member

The missus's bike went in for it's first service/warranty service. I got the shop to replace her tires under warranty due to the Bontranger logos peeling off and leaving a 1/4 mill indent in the rubber.

On getting the bike back and taking it off the roof rack, I realised that they have fitted the inner tubes at what appears to be an strange angle with the schraeder valve just managing to poke out at around 45 degrees.

When I can be bothered tomorrow, I'll take them off, or should I take them back to the shop and make them do it purely to show my irritation.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

it might come straight with a bit of a wiggle, I'm sure tubes can sometimes get pulled round the rim a bit (therefore leaving the valve at a dodgy angle)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Only if you have checked all your cutlery is pefectly aligned.

Xylene
    Free Member

it might come straight with a bit of a wiggle, I'm sure tubes can sometimes get pulled round the rim a bit (therefore leaving the valve at a dodgy angle)

Sounds plausible

Only if you have checked all your cutlery is pefectly aligned.

They didn't even bother to align the valve with the logo.

I do like the shop though, they are in an area where most small local shops act as social services/mental health workers for the local community

br
    Free Member

I got the shop to replace her tires under warranty due to the Bontranger logos peeling off and leaving a 1/4 mill indent in the rubber.

Are you serious?

Xylene
    Free Member

Are you serious?

Perfectly.

I contacted Bontranger and asked them if this was normal, they said no and to get it replaced at the shop under warranty.

vdubber67
    Free Member

I reckon you could have fixed the problem in the time it took you to post this thread

😉

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I'm concerned about these logos – how long did they take to start peeling off?

Xylene
    Free Member

I'm concerned about these logos – how long did they take to start peeling off?

I noticed it two weeks ago, bike was bought at the back end of April beginning of May.

Logos I noticed after a weekend away. Gave the bike a clean up and lube and thought that some of the rocks on the fire road had managed to slice her tyres. Closer inspection realised that it followed the shape of the logo, checked the other side of the wheel and saw the same thing happening there, checked all logos and writing and it was a mixed bag, back drive side everything ok, non drive side both logos and writing 'slashed' front both logos and one of the writing (tyre name) 'slashed'. Wouldn't have been too fussed but on checking to see what was going on I realised that it was leaving a patch with missing rubber under it.

Now she isn't going to be doing much other than cycle tracks and green loops, bit I was concerned that she had potentially lost some structural strength from the tyre.

Bontranger were really good as were the LBS, other than the odd innertube angle.

Xylene
    Free Member

I reckon you could have fixed the problem in the time it took you to post this thread

Me too. 😛

But it's Friday, six weeks of holidays ahead of me, just spent two hours chopping down 3 months of growth in a friend's garden that has been working away, a few beers down my neck and it felt like a worthy friday evening blether.

Which it turns out it might have been.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I bought a new bike the other day, and by the time I got it home, it was obsolete.

So I went and bought another one.

My computer has given me great service for over 15 years, with nothing more than some new bar tape.

flatfish
    Free Member

Pillock

rs
    Free Member

They didn't even bother to align the valve with the logo.

whats the point, it'll just fall off again in a few weeks time 🙂

Houns

Wind up shirley?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Flatfish, I think it's 'Pollock'.

Or Colin.

flatfish
    Free Member

Sorry my mistake it should have read "bloody pillock"

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Houns Shirley says she can't come out tonight, but would you mind instead going out with her sister Dave.

avdave2

So on which website is your girlfriend posting about getting her boyfriend changed under warranty.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘LBS – How exactly have they fitted my innertube.’ is closed to new replies.