Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LBS didn't fit the black plastic sleeve on my HTII bottom bracket. Grr.
  • poppa
    Free Member

Very minor rant. Bought a new Shimano XT BB (£24, not bad!) but upon removing the old one it seems the LBS that fitted it did not fit the black plastic sleeve to it, which presumably protects it from water ingress. What a bunch of muppets. I still managed 15 months out of it though, is that acceptable?

jam-bo

it doesn't really seem to do a lot. I sometimes wonder why I bother putting it back in.

woody2000

15 months! I might start taking the sleeve out too, 15 months is an age for an HTII BB!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Doesnt seem to do a lot but in reality it must stop ingress from behind, but just shows how bad the sealing is from the front.

I got 3 years from my HTII.

cheers_drive

I empty half a cup of water out of my frame after every wet ride so I imagine the sleeve is pretty important.

grumm
    Free Member

Don't think you need it really, unless you want to take the cranks off and put them back on again for any reason.

wwaswas

"I empty half a cup of water out of my frame after every wet ride"

drill a 5mm hole in the middle of the BB (unless it's carbon!)

poppa
    Free Member

@cheers_drive

Maybe you should try greasing your post. Your loved one* will thank you for it.

*your bike

firestarter
    Free Member

ive never bothered fitting them to my bikes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LBS didn't fit the black plastic sleeve on my HTII bottom bracket. Grr.’ is closed to new replies.