Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lazy golfers
  • redmex
    Free Member

With the stormy weather a walk along the coastline ended with cutting across a golf course. So many discarded tees just lying for someone else to pick up makes me think some golfers probably discard their rubbish out the car window or is it the greenkeepers
    job as the golfers pay their fees

mashr

Ok, some people are dicks just like riders that discard rubbish/banana skins/inner tubes/tear-offs/etc?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thought this was gonna be about battery trolleys….

sargey

You can get remote controlled golf buggies now which follow you around the course if you have £1000 plus spare.

revs1972
    Free Member

As in a whole bunch of tees in one area, or finding them scattered around the area ?
    You tend to “lose” your tee when you hit your drive etc. No time to piss about looking for it when you have too keep an eye on which patch of rough your ball has just careered into 😂

I haven’t bought tees for years, if I see one I’ll pick it up and reuse it if it’s not too knackered . But then I’m tight like that

redmex
    Free Member

Ten feet outside the tee box there are loads of discarded tees some damaged many still good , I know they are cheap as chips but a wee bit lazy, wonder if the divots get replaced or leave it to the gk

tpbiker
    Free Member

I love discarded tees, means I don’t have to buy my own.

You can get remote controlled golf buggies now which follow you around the course if you have £1000 plus spare.

It’s basically the golfing equivilent of an ebike.

brownsauce
    Free Member

Of all the problems in the world only STW manages to find such piffling bollox to complain about as discarded tees on a golf course……

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yup, the mower gets em. Vast majority of golfers I know use wooden tees, so get mulched down anyway.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I reckon golfers are human too. I reckon they’re not a cast. It’s even possible that some are really nice people and some total twonks. A bit like cyclists. There may even be golfers who are keen mountain bikers too, how confusing.
    What’s wrong with discarding banana skins BTW? I reckon they will biodegrade.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Certainly scraping the bottom of what is a very shallow barrel at STW towers, with this one!

As it happens I’m a golfing mountain biker and can confirm that most people use wooden tees that break and get chopped up by the mower. Most clubs have small trays next to the tee markers to drop broken tees in them, but any intact tees soon get picked up by other passing players.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s wrong with discarding banana skins BTW? I reckon they will biodegrade.

Don’t start that again.

(They will, but only below the treeline and you should never discard anything where it will over enrich the soil eg dunes, don’t do it at trail centers where you would eventually end up with 1000’s of banana skins on a busy Saturday).

Certainly scraping the bottom of what is a very shallow barrel at STW towers, with this one!

Perception.

If 100 golfers discard 100 tees around the markers it looks a mess.

If 100 MTB’ers discard 100 banana skins on the first climb at a trail center, it looks a mess.

If 1 golfer goes down to the beach to wack a ball as far a s he can, no one would ever know.

If 1 MTB’er discards an apple core into the hedge, no one will ever know.

On a related note, why don’t they just have the permanent bit of hosepipe in the ground like they do at driving ranges?

Tallpaul

On a related note, why don’t they just have the permanent bit of hosepipe in the ground like they do at driving ranges?

Lots of golf courses have ‘winter tees’ adjacent to the actual tee. These are typical a patch of artificial grass, just like a driving range. I have seen them fitted with fixed tees.

On the ‘proper’ tee box:

– The tee gets moved around the tee box by the greenkeeper, just like pins get moved on greens
    – Golfers tee the ball at different heights depending on preference/club selection
    – Golfer tee the ball in different locations depending on shot shape/distance/divots/preference/left handed/right handed etc etc etc

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lazy golfers’ is closed to new replies.