Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Layback seatposts…sorry, I know.
  • smell_it
    Free Member

Been recovering from a back injury, and getting a bit more flexible. As a consequence been feeling a bit cramped on my soul, so got rid of my in-line thomson which just did what a seatpost should, and replaced it a layback nukeproof which has turned out to be a piece of shite. Bloody thing keeps slipping down the seatpost, despite trying a bolted seatclamp. Also I can barely angle the seat to horizontal, and the front bolt won’t tighten any further and the saddle keeps slipping back on the rails.

I know I should just get a thomson layback, but they are to ugly for me. Any recommendations for a decent 400mm layback seatpost, that dosen’t want to fire my saddle into the sky?

andyl
    Free Member

Easton eg EC70/90/Haven or titanium one off ebay? Should both help your back compared to an aluminium one.

actually haven is inline I think.

smell_it
    Free Member

Cheers Andyl, but my back is fine. I’m more worried about the post having the appropriate range of positions (?) to allow my saddle not to be trying to ‘enter’ me if I want it securely clamped.

andyl
    Free Member

Well never heard of any Easton posts with problems. Likewise for Raceface etc so their alumninium offerings should be fine.

smell_it
    Free Member

Fair due’s, ta.

andyl
    Free Member

maybe you just got unlucky with a bad post or bad choice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Layback seatposts…sorry, I know.’ is closed to new replies.