Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Latest MBUK – "25 years of mtb"
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

My eye was drawn to the latest MBUK in the newsagents earlier as its the “25 years of mtb” edition. Problem is, its in a sealed cardboard box! No ability to browse before purchasing. Is it anything special, or is it no better than usual?

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I’ve been mtbing for waaaaay more than 25 years.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

<quickly counts fingers>

I have nearly…

EDIT:
    <takes socks off to use toes aswell>

erm…

<looks around for other body parts>

…24 years since I got my first mtb. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    edd

ir_bandito has 24 fingers. 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Damn. Edit got beaten….

cooie

25 years of MBUK, not MTB.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s better than it usually is. But I looked at the next issuer ‘Wales Special’ yeah we had that last year and a Scotland Special. Same as last year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ir_bandito is from the Forest of Dean.

Clearly.

rocketman
    Free Member

Slightly more content than usual (200+ pages) but otherwise the same

There’s a ‘100 best biking products’ supplement and some stickers as well – woot!

The first issue from 1988 is available on iTunes it’s worth downloading just to see how far we’ve come. Back then it was all lycra, road bike wheels, rigid frames and hardly any gears *cough*

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I’ve been mtbing for waaaaay more than 25 years.

They’ve probably picked a more tangible date than “well I took my mums shopper down a gravel track sometime in ’68”. Otherwise I’m sure someone took a penny farthing off road, invented ‘off road cycling’, then decided it was slow and dagerous compared to the road and the idea didn’t resurface untill the 80’s when bikes propperly caught up with the idea.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

25 years of MBUK, not MTB.

Oh, you’re right. I read it as 25 years of mtb.

And I’m NOT from the Forest of Dean 🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

johnnystorm

It’s quite similar to their 20th Anniversary edition.

The stickers are the usual gaudy crap which are meaningless if you don’t own the product or do dirt jumping and mint sauce is on two pages not one. A few olde classic MS strips wouldn’t have gone amiss. Usual smattering of technical inaccuracies (RS-1 forks and Mag-20s sharing same chassis, etc).

It acts as a good reminder why I subscribe to ST & Privateer and that I haven’t been missing anything by not buying MBUK.

/middle aged grump

Northwind

The stickers are even worse than usual tbh. But that’s OK, it’s paid spam so you don’t lose anything by it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Latest MBUK – "25 years of mtb"’ is closed to new replies.