Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Latest I-pod Touch
  • restless
    Free Member

I am looking at the Ipod Touch 32 gb 4th generation.
    The black one costs the same as the white one, but the white one has i-cloud and possibly other differences. I got brain ache halfway through reading the description (this is on Amazon by the way)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPod-touch-32GB-Generation/dp/B0040GIZTS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322749077&sr=1-2

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=ipod+touch+32+white&x=14&y=16

Does this make much of a difference?

I wanted to buy the black one, because it looks nicer, but don’t know whether to get the white one now as it has more on it?
    Confused 😐

It’s not for me, it’s yet another christmas present, so would welcome any opinions. I have zero knowledge of i-pods 😳

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Surely if it is the same generation, they have identical specification and just a different case?

And iCloud is not a local feature, it is system support, so (assuming both units are running the same version of the software) they will both have iCloud support.

restless
    Free Member

Thats what i thought but the black one says launched in 2010, and the white one says latest model 2011, but both 4th generation 😕

vinnyeh

I imagine the black one is older stock, running ios4 , the white one was released in October at the same time as iOS 5. A simple and free upgrade will see you sorted.

Both identical inside, but the white case was released a lot later.

restless
    Free Member

I don’t understand that, but thanks anyway!

Do you mean you can upgrade the black one online to make it the same specification as the white one?

For free?

higthepig
    Free Member

Apple updated the software a month or so ago, looks like the black one has been on the shelf in Amazon for a while and has the older software (V4.something), the white one is newer and already has the new software loaded (V5.something). You buy the iPod, plug it into iTunes and it will tell you if a software download is available, let it change what it has to do and then you get the newer features. I have a 3rd gen touch, updated the software and now have the ability to use iCloud, simples really!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do you mean you can upgrade the black one online to make it the same specification as the white one?

For free?
    When you register it via iTunes it will ask you if you want to update the software and yes it is free.

Apple do take your Soul though 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Latest I-pod Touch’ is closed to new replies.