Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Latest Build-Mtb/Cx mutant
  • unovolo
    Free Member

So finally finished the aforesaid mutant and thought I’d share it with you guys.
    Bought a ratty old frame off the classifieds on here a while back to have a play around with,so started with this:-

After a bit of investigation it transpires that the frame was a originally a old Giant Terrago that has been altered with a disc mount,EBB and cable guides added,a original would look like this

So after stripping,a splash of paint and lots of shiny bits the end result is this,

Forks are a set of Salsa Chromotos which had previously had the canti studs hacksawed off and were a bit rough but cheap(£19 on ebay)bit of work with a file and decent paint job saw them looking good again.

A set of LX cranks which have been hand polished ,and the wheels are my first attempt at wheel building and are a combination of Halo Aerotrack 700cc rims and Goldtec XC hub at the front and a Hope Bulb at the rear with DT swiss spokes.

Seems to ride nice ,not completely sold on the Midge bars yet but will give it more time to get used to them before I decide whether to keep them or lose them.
    I may add a couple of decals but pretty happy with the rest.

tang
    Free Member

Nice one. A bike project is always a good thing!

julianwilson
    Free Member

mmmmm, silver stuff! Looks ace. 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice that.

noteeth
    Free Member

Good work. That’s quite a transformation.

fasthaggis

Good job

Bazz

Like that, the cranks especially are lovely.

unovolo
    Free Member

mmmmm, silver stuff! Looks ace.

Yeah bit bored of seeing black stuff on bikes,plus I wanted a more retro vibe so went for silver,would like a different seatpost as its a satin silver ano and would like shiny silver but its a odd size and because of the intergrated seatcollar cannot use a shim without it sticking out the top.

Like that, the cranks especially are lovely.

Took a lot of polishing to get like that but worth the effort.

MussEd
    Free Member

Resurrected to say I love it. Not the bars though, everything else looks the shiz.

MrSparkle

Very nice. Like the paint job/powder coat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Latest Build-Mtb/Cx mutant’ is closed to new replies.