Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lateral play in rear shock lower bush/mount ….
  • carlos
    Free Member

Surely that’s not right, is it??

Noticed that the rear shock moves about 2mm laterally within the mount. It’s a new (4 week old) shock and has been fitted with the mount kits that were supplied. Shock us specific to the frame and is what was originally supplied

anyone else experienced this.

2016 Nomad with RS Monarch+ RC3 Debonair

Cheers

Poopscoop

Sounds like “top hat” ends or whatever are not the right ones to allow that play?

To put in context I know nothing about that frame specifically!

carlos
    Free Member

Not top hats, but I know what you mean.

What I don’t get is it was a sealed box, opened in front of me in the shop and it had 2 bags with the mounts in (1 each end) as the shock only had the “hoop” bit pressed in and the box actually has Nomad written on the label, that’s the RS label, not a shop attached one

Denis99
    Free Member

Measure the internal width on the frame at the bottom shock mount.

Measure the width across the shock bush.

This will confirm the lateral discrepancy.

Do you have the old shock bush? Measure the width of this, and compare to what you currently have.

If the bush is too short, then the shock had been supplied with the wrong bush.

carlos
    Free Member

Deniss99 – its the shock that moves on the bush NOT the bush moving within the shock mount.

Took bike to LBS today and they have confirmed the shock, mounts etc are all correct, BUT what they did notice was the shock doesn’t quite line up with the shock mount on the link!!?? I’ve left it with them whilst the sort out why, but prob explains the fact the shock was biased to one side and would move.

Oh, well could be worse. The car could need new front discs, pads and a caliper….Oh! wait a minute… it does 😥 Not a great start to the week

Poopscoop

Hey Carlos, did you find out why/how the shock was incorrectly lined up out of curiosity?

carlos
    Free Member

Poopscoop – Member
    Hey Carlos, did you find out why/how the shock was incorrectly lined up out of curiosity?

No, not yet. Apparently the LBS has sent off some pics to Jungle, who’ve passed them on to SC themselves to have a look at. Bit of a chain going on but at least its with the right people

carlos
    Free Member

Poopscoop – Still do not know why it wasn’t lined up, but I’ve just collected my bike form the LBS and SC have warrantied it. So all built up on a brand new spanker frame, nice start to the weekend 😀

BoardinBob

Not with that particular frame but I have eaten through brand new shock mount hardware in 2 days twice in the Alps. Once with a supposed heavy duty kit from Mojo and again with a normal kit from TF tuned, so yeah it can happen pretty quickly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lateral play in rear shock lower bush/mount ….’ is closed to new replies.