Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Late Xmas bonus.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ooh! Suits me, sir…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

</nods with approval>

clubber
    Free Member

<STW dismiss anything posted by anyone else mode>

Did they not have anything decent to give you

</…>

😉

footflaps

We got these just before xmas:

Xmas wine by brf, on Flickr

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a couple of bottles of that Aberlour too, flogging it off in Asda on Xmas Eve for £8 a bottle they were.
    😉

peterfile
    Free Member

My aunt had placed 200ml gift boxed bottles of Lagavulin 16 year old at each gentleman’s place at the christmas dinner table. A few of my family don’t like whisky so I’ve now got 4 bottles 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

oooo cloudy bay nice…Waitrose mmmm best wine ever

MrWoppit
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    I have a couple of bottles of that Aberlour too, flogging it off in Asda on Xmas Eve for £8 a bottle they were.

Another recent bargain find for you…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149036/It-s-corker-Red-wine-costing-3-59-sold-Aldi-scoops-international-award.html

bruneep

sweet **** all

rewski
    Free Member

Cloudy bay is lovely, the guys at planet of the grapes recommended Dog Point Sauvignon blanc, very similar but cheaper. Made by the ex head winemaker at cloudy bay, if anyone is interested 🙂

theotherjonv

My aunt had placed 200ml gift boxed bottles of Lagavulin 16 year old at each gentleman’s place at the christmas dinner table.

ooh, get you! we didn’t even have christmas crackers (until pointed out during christmas pudding) – my mum had forgotten to put them out and we were too busy pigging out on roast meat and about 9 veg.

brakes
    Free Member

My aunt had placed 200ml gift boxed bottles of Lagavulin 16 year old at each gentleman’s place at the christmas dinner table.

I have plenty of booze in my booze cabinet that I don’t like. that’s why it’s still there. never look a gift horse and all that. your cabinet should be stocked for others too, not just for yourself. that’s why I’ve got a bottle of Tia Maria and and a bottle of Baileys in there… honest.

willard

You got Cloudy Bay as a present? Nice going… I stopped being able to get hold of that when my last decent wine merchant closed down.

It’s almost a shame I don’t drink any more.

footflaps

Our previous CEO didn’t give anything, but now we have a new French chap, who actually values his staff, so we always get something as a token gesture.

peterfile
    Free Member

ooh, get you! we didn’t even have christmas crackers

she always puts a lot of effort in to xmas and this year was a particularly difficult one (we’d buried her brother the week before and put both her parents into a home the week before that), so I think she’d really gone all out to take her mind off it for a while.

You’re more than welcome to come next year! I’ll make sure your place has 2 crackers! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Baileys!

How 90’s 😆

theotherjonv

I love getting my hands on a pair of crackers 😯

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Late Xmas bonus.’ is closed to new replies.