Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Late delivery of an bike via ebay – any thoughts?
  • velocipede
    Free Member

I won and paid for a retro roadbike on ebay on 2nd December (my birthday, so a treat to myself!). It’s in Belgium.

Anyway, no word from the seller and no response to any of my emails, although it does say on the listing that the bike has been despatched….but no sign of it!!

Should I be worried?

What should I do? I paid via paypal so I’m assuming I’ll get my money back if it doesn’t show at all – I’ve bought hundreds of bits and bikes on ebay and never had a problem – I suppose it had to happen sometime!!

neninja
    Free Member

If you’ve had no reply to any messages to the seller I would open an item not received query. This might prompt them to respond. Give them a few more days and then make it a dispute. You only have 45 days I think it is to open a dispute or you lose the opportunity.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Does seem a little long, normally about a week meybis two at a push is acceptable No?

I’d open a “not delivered” dispute too.

tmb467
    Free Member

probably disposed off as a dangerous item, due to the tyres containing compressed air

on a more serious note though, was there any tracking? ebay case is the first thing. Funds will be held in paypal and if there is any hassle, you’ll get your cash back

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve asked for the tracking details from the seller but as with other correspondence, no joy!!

Shame, cos the bike looks well nice – if it exists at all!!!

ricky1
    Free Member

Might take a long time to get from Belgium,personally I wouldn’t buy outside of the uk as I’m usually left with paranoid thoughts even if I buy in Britain and it’s not here at the stated time,my mrs got something at the same time as you and it still hasn’t arrived yet and probably won’t until after Christmas now,yes you might as well open a case and get your cash back then if it turns up you can pay him again.

hofnar
    Free Member

Show us the ad so we can have a look if its dodgy. I am belgian so can read the languages and know which towns are a bit rougher.

scaredypants

write to them, explaining that you’ll have to start a paypal complaint before the deadline (and make sure you do) but that you’re happy to withdraw it as soon as the bike arrives. Then wait & see

iolo
    Free Member

hofnar – Member
    Show us the ad so we can have a look if its dodgy. I am belgian so can read the languages and know which towns are a bit rougher.

I thought Belgium was heaven on earth

Dickyboy

I thought Belgium was heaven on earth

there is more to Belgium than the beer & bars you know

Northwind

That is slow… But, it can be messy, posting a bike- you discover the box isn’t big enough, or the packaging’s a problem, and then it’s a pain in the arse to get it posted. All around your day job. So it shouldn’t happen, but it can do.

Equally, he might be a thief

velocipede
    Free Member
    ricky1
    Free Member

Come to think of it,I got some avid rotors off eBay that said they were shipped on Monday and still not arrived,that was from this country,I’ll be emailing him ASAP

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve bought two frames from overseas sellers on eBay. One from France and the other from Malta. In both cases they arrived in less than a week and tracking was provided and good communications.

I would not hesitate to do the same again but you will sadly get dodgy sellers in every country the same as the UK.

ricky1
    Free Member

I get a lot of bike gear off e bay,most good some bad,there’s always someone out to rip you off,I’ve sent a few things to buyers that haven turned up,I refunded straight away but they might have been kyung that’s the chance you have to take,if I was buying a full bike I would pick it up myself but if it was from Bulgaria I just wouldn’t entertain sending money there.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

i always check the feedback less than 100% think twice .

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve opened a case on ebay and hey presto I’ve got a response!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed!! 😀

ricky1
    Free Member

Hope you get it sorted,like no saint sais,I always check the feedback,even the positive feedback as people may give positive feedback but write negative issues,I have just had some thing and they said it was brand new and it had been opened therefore it should have been new/other,I gave positive feedback but wrote that item was not new and seller had lied.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Late delivery of an bike via ebay – any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.