• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by cb.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Late Bars in Central London – on a Sunday night?
  • cb

Off to the NFL game at the weekend with the match finishing late – 9.30 ish I think.  Staying City area but looking for a few beer options anywhere central. Crap hotel so won’t have an option there.

I’m guessing the Sunday bit will be the fly in the ointment but any suggestions?

Cheers…

cb

Guess its a 4 pack of Stella on a park bench then…

brakes
    Free Member

there’ll be some bars open in the more hip areas like Soho and Shoreditch.

doubt there’ll be many pubs open after 12.

johndoh
    Free Member

Or take wine and drink in the bedroom at the crap hotel. That’s what I sometimes do after a gig 🙂 Staying Classy.

Stuuey

The bar at the top of Heron Tower is open 24/7 😉

jimdubleyou

If you can’t get in a Duck & Waffle (just go for dinner, it’s pretty good), Sky Lounge on top of the Hilton Double Tree in Tower Hill is open until 2am (maybe earlier on a Sunday).

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Get over to The Bat and Ball at Stratford Westfield … 15mins from the city on central line… they show all the games

cb

The Duck n Waffle sounds interesting – Roast Cauliflower with “Gentlemen’s Relish”!!  Not sure that I want to order that…

aidso
    Free Member

You may joke about the tins, but a friend and I went to London for my birthday around the time of the Euros qualifiers (2011?) and after watching one match in a sports bar, walked on to go somewhere else. We were only in the door about 2245 when the bouncers came round calling last orders. Wutt??

We ended up with a carryout standing outside Palace Theater where a band of buskers had setup and after 10 mins had a crowd of 50 people dancing in the street.  Was great craic

RobHilton
    Free Member

D&W is ace – if you like pretentious & spendy.

There are 3 VQs IIRC, for late-late. Not been to one, so can’t vouch.

cb

VQs??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Late Bars in Central London – on a Sunday night?’ is closed to new replies.