Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lastminute.com & travel insurance aaaargh
  • Dickyboy

lastminute.com seem determined to hold onto my money for cancelled flights and their trust pilot reviews are down the toilet, so I’m not the only one.
    Travel insurance Co are currently saying that because I’ve been offered a refund I can’t claim from them at present 😒 and awaiting response from credit card company, but was over 120 day limit so not expecting much.
    Just over £2k down for a trip to see my sister in Africa for the first time in over 20yrs 😭

irc

Google suggests 120 day limit applies to debit card chargeback. No limit for credit card Sec 75. So you should eventually get your cash back.

You must claim through the chargeback scheme within 120 days of your purchase or payment for service. But there is no time limit with Section 75.

https://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/blog/whats-the-difference-between-section-75-and-chargeback/

Dickyboy

irc – thanks, so hope at least, credit card Co due to respond by 1st June & that’s where the bulk of my money went 👍

Dickyboy

Got my £1.3k back via credit card 👍, took 5 weeks but guessing they are right busy at the moment, just need to wait another 6wks to see if lastminute.com dispuit it or not… Also, trying to claim for the internal flights that my sister bought for us – out of EU so no legal right to full refund just vouchers we may never be able to use 🤔

tinribz
    Free Member

Alpharooms are giving me the runaround too. Cancelled after £20 deposit and rang bank to block them. They still took a £200 payment.

Rang bank again and started charge back. Month later another £200 payment disappears. TSB reaction is ‘Oops’.

They just ignor emails and want another £800 end of this month for a trip in June or vouchers. Trustpilot is full of similar tales.

Dickyboy

Aaaand lastminute.com are now disputing my credit card claim ☹️ presumably hoping I won’t be able to locate my numerous emails stating I won’t accept travel vouchers. What an absolute bunch of ****.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lastminute.com & travel insurance aaaargh’ is closed to new replies.