Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Last night it was our turn. Break in track world.
  • woffle
    Free Member

Seriously? God I dunno but that (along with all the maglite talk) sounds like a way to end up on trial for manslaughter. Or indeed having the maglite/hammer/bat taken from you and being beaten to death with it.

TBH I’d be in the bathroom with the wife and kids and the door locked, rather than legging it downstairs to confront all and sundry. Our intruder coincided with a spate of very organised and scary break-ins, often with the burglars travelling cross-country rather than using the roads. The police arrived super-quickly given our rural location due to the fact they’d been patrolling in unmarked cars for that reason.

The advice I was given re: Maglite was more around self-defence rather than proactively going after anyone. The only thing taken with our break-in was a rather nice sheath-knife which made the whole thing rather more scary…

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Guy i know came home to find someone going through his garage.

Fortunately he decided not to hit the burglar with the axe, machete or chainsaw that he was carrying.
    He’d been in the woods with his son and the dog and a few of the other neighbours clearing some fallen trees and scrub from the footpaths/trails up there.

Just let the dog bark and drool at him until the police turned up.

Must have been a very long half hour for the poor bloke. Tooled up home owner and a large angry dog.

Same as maccruiskeen, had seen his wife leaving and assumed the place would be empty for a while. 10 minutes obviously wasn’t long enough.

theotherjonv

Oh they got in, I was woken up, naked, mrs and kids to protect so I grabbed what’s to hand.

You beat a burglar up with your cock 😯

Not sure whether to be impressed or claim #humblebrag

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scrumfled
    Free Member

Sorry to be adding to your load, but scrotes often come back later…. on the basis that your insurance will have replaced all your shiny.

grey

I once came home from a night out with my parents and my car was parked on the road as they put their car in the driveway first.
    I waited till we were in the house and told my parents there were two folk in my car trying to nick it.
    Whilst my mum phoned the police my dad and me went out.
    When they exited the car my dad managed to grab one of them and the other one ran off.
    The other one then came back to help his friend, so I tackled him to the ground and sat on him, I was about 110kg at the time 😆 , he wasn’t going anywhere.
    Unfortunately the other one got away shortly before the police arrived.
    The police were over the moon as they had broken in to about another 12 cars the same night.
    No investigation in to me as I just used a judo throw to get him on the ground, so reasonable force. I could have used more force as the one I tackled had a breaker bar.
    If I had been on my own I don’t think I would have tackled them, maybe just tried to scare them off.
    As for the house it probably has a few more Maglite torches than others 😆 .

nowthen
    Free Member

Well, all I will get is abuse I am sure, but same happened to us, someone breaking in back kitchen door around 11.00pm one night. Only difference is when he got the door open he found himself looking down the barrel of a Glock and me telling him I was going to to blow his head off if he took another step. Dropped his “tools” including the crowbar and sharpened screwdriver and literally vaulted back over the wall he had come…

I have a young family and not going to screw around wondering about his intentions, Took me a long long time until I could sleep well again though. Police said since he was already on my property and inside the house I should have shot him. Glad I didnt though.

Awaiting my flaming…

perchypanther
    Free Member

found himself looking down the barrel of a Glock

Other tuned percussion instruments are available.

BFITH
    Free Member

Not worth getting a shoeing (or worse) over some property

This… just don’t.

Wifes friends husband was murdered by the guys he chased one night. They stabbed him in the head with the same screwdriver they were using to steal his father in laws car.

Would seriously think twice about confronting anybody (however hard you are) especially if it was a garage or shed/outbuilding.

DT78
    Free Member

Its all well to have different viewpoints, but I’m taking a bit of offense to the derogatory ‘keyboard warrior’ comments.

I’ve spent 7 months not able to sleep due to thinking we are being broken into again, we didn’t have much, but they took nearly everything – including my recently deceased nans jewellery and laptops with our newborn sons photos on.

People talking about taking reasonable steps to protect their property and defend their family from what seems to be increasingly brazen scrots does not make them a keyboard warrior.

I seem to recall there was a recent case about a suspected burglar who was confronted by the home owner and the intruder ended up in a coma. I believe the homeowner was acquitted of any wrongdoing.

Sorry to anyone that goes through this as it is horrible.

whitestone
    Free Member

Awaiting my flaming…

Well if you will live in an uncivilised society 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

nowthen – Member
    Well, all I will get is abuse I am sure, but same happened to us, someone breaking in back kitchen door around 11.00pm one night. Only difference is when he got the door open he found himself looking down the barrel of a Glock and me telling him I was going to to blow his head off if he took another step. Dropped his “tools” including the crowbar and sharpened screwdriver and literally vaulted back over the wall he had come…

Excellent!
    Well done!
    Protect your family first.
    Mr Glock is a good call.
    Good restraint there.

BFITH – Member
    Wifes friends husband was murdered by the guys he chased one night. They stabbed him in the head with the same screwdriver they were using to steal his father in laws car.

Sorry to hear that.

Would seriously think twice about confronting anybody (however hard you are) especially if it was a garage or shed/outbuilding.

Do not approach them at all. Stay at a distance. Attack only takes few seconds and they can use many things as tools to harm you.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Heard the day after the event about a stabbing after confronting a burglary. Kind of glad I didn’t go outside.
    We now have cameras. Lots of cameras!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Okay house is cctv surveyed. but the bikes forks (ones I build from a mixture of parts) have turned up on scum tree. What to do?

roper
    Free Member

Post a link so we can get a bargain?
    Are they any good?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Here’s what I did simmo;

Get a friend to buy forks and get address.
    Then inform the police that you have the address and will be going to collect your property.
    This will hopefully force them to check the property, as they don’t want you involved. Did in my case.

Got my bike back, plus the police recovered some other stolen goods.
    Bloke claimed he bought them on facebook, was charged but iirc it never got to court.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Message them as a potential buyer.. Find out where they live and contact police with information..

cloudnine
    Free Member

Vigilante bombers action update?

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Last night it was our turn. Break in track world.’ is closed to new replies.