Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Last night I was mainly avoiding frogs…
  • Hohum
    Free Member

Not the French variety, but the amphibious ones!

I went out for my first night ride this side of the summer solstice and I must have spotted about 50 of them on the cyclepath. Some of them were wee nippers, but there were some bigger ones as well.

I think that I managed to avoid squishing any of them.

I am not sure if it is a common occurrence at this time of year as I have only been night riding since February of this year, but I will have a look out for them again the next time I go out.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Me too, although I was trying to avoid them with the lawnmower

Torminalis
    Free Member

Nice, back in April I counted over 20 frogs during a single dog walk. Quite a few of them were mating so I presumed they were out there strutting their stuff, doing it in the paths and generally getting it on.

I reckon that what you have encountered will be the other end of the process, where the offspring of the amorous frogs finally have the equipment (ie legs) to escape their nursery pond and go exploring.

I love frogs, the walks during the week of the big bonk were some of the most memorable walks this year.

ebygomm
    Free Member

It’s a bit late for baby froglets first exploring, that’s more June time

And at that stage you don’t realise you’re squashing them unless you go back and look!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Last night I was mainly avoiding frogs…’ is closed to new replies.