Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Last minute family holiday ideas.
  • geomickb
    Free Member

Hi,

We were planning to go to Keswick CCC site but it has been flooded. We are now looking for alternative holiday ideas.

Reasons we liked the site:
    * can launch canoe from the site
    * kiddies play area
    * can walk to town
    * close to Whinlatter (bike/run and great for 4 year old)
    * it is a CCC club site, so this means it is run like a prison camp and we won’t be kept awake all night by morons with inflatable sofas/firepits and crates of lager.
    * nice little hills nearby.

Current Ideas:
    * Llyn Peninsula – beaches and mountains.
    * Norfolk (average rainfall and temperature looks good and bit worried that these low pressure systems will just keep coming).

Just a bit frustrated because we know Keswick well and had lots of ideas for family activities.

We will be camping in our trailer tent. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Mick

jekkyl

North Wales. Snowdonia. Bala. Machynlleth. Area.
    Loads of little lakes and places to ride your bike plus near the coast if the weather is super dooper.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

coniston park coppice is worth a look. Short walk to the lakeside from the site on a gravel road. We can get our 16ft canoe down on a trolley. nice little village a 15-20 minute walk away. Biking at Grizedale.

Forgot to add it’s a Caravan Club site so similar rules.

geomickb
    Free Member

@jekkyl thanks, we get their pretty often for weekend so looking for something a bit different.

@Wharfedale
    it’s not available for our dates.

Not really bothered about it being close to MTBing, family types stuff is a priority.

I’m also thinking that the way this “summer” is going, a week in The Lakes is probably not the best idea.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Stayed here quite a few time, lovely site – https://www.beddgelertcampsite.co.uk/

nbt

really nice site on the egde of the Severn

https://www.severnvalleytouring.co.uk/

Close to Forest of Dean for activities etc

We like the Caravan Club site at Meathop Fell. The Club site at Kendal is quite nice but much bigger

geomickb
    Free Member

West Runton is currently in the lead but the holiday crisis meeting will be continued this evening.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

IOW?

If you’re planning to head off this week, they’re aren’t many areas in the UK not expecting rain.

I’ve got five days off work after tomorrow’s shift, I was hoping to finally get around to hopping on the ferry to do the Ventnor esplanade to Down Lane cat3 climb and at least part of the coastal round the island route, but the weather doesn’t look great… I was so pessemistic about the weather I bought a month on Zwift! 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Last minute family holiday ideas.’ is closed to new replies.