Last drop to Rowarth – has it been stone picked?

Home Forum Bike Forum Last drop to Rowarth – has it been stone picked?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Last drop to Rowarth – has it been stone picked?
  • Premier Icon oldagedpredator
    Subscriber

Made it over to Rowarth for the first time in months and months. The drop to the pub seems a lot cleaner than I remember it. Has someone been stone picking? Not that its a bad thing if they have.

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

I think it’s just being well used at the moment.
    Also GeeTee72 took out one of the trees last year, which helped with line choice 🙂

Premier Icon oldagedpredator
    Subscriber

Its in great nick at the moment, although descent of the day was the golf club to brook bottom and then onto strines station. Mainly because I finally ‘discovered’ the singletrack side line at the golf course end.

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

Have you discovered the singletrack half way down Linnets clough descent?
    If not – at the first left hander (after the scoutcamp) there is a path to the right about 1 metre high, lug your bike up there and enjoy the sweet wooded singletrack, however there is a bit of a drop back onto the path, which is a few metres away from ‘Bottom’s hall’. 🙂

Premier Icon PaulMc
    Subscriber

What do you mean “lug” Jane? It’s rideable. 🙂

nbt

You didn’t actually get all the way up though, did you? and if you tried it now there’s a branch that would want to have a quick chat with your eyeball. Will be sorted soon though, souter and I were eying up lines yesterday. That piece of trail has been renamed “Scout’s Honour” by souter, anyway!

Premier Icon PaulMc
    Subscriber

What’s a few inches between friends? 🙂 Must get out for another ride together soon.

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

While we’re swapping evils, has anyone ridden the footpath that comes off near the top of the descent from the war memorial in Mellor and cuts over to the Linnet’s Clough bridleway? Just wondering… Not that I’d ride a footpath, obviously 😉

nbt

I’ve walked it a few times, if you were going to ride it, it’d be more interesting in the other direction. From the Clough there’s a steepish drop to the reservoir that would be a push / carry going towards the clough.

If you;re coming from the war memorial, just head down the lane to the bottom but dive into the woods on the left, only a hundred yards or so but nice

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

Cheers, that’s what I thought from the map, I had a look at it the other day, but only the top bit. I thought about today as I rode into a vicious headwind for hours ‘somewhere above Holmfirth’…

dave65

oldagedpredator – Member
    Made it over to Rowarth for the first time in months and months. The drop to the pub seems a lot cleaner than I remember it. Has someone been stone picking? Not that its a bad thing if they have

is this the track that runs from Sitch lane down to Rowarth ?

nbt
    dave65

thanks nbt , not far from me so ill give it a try one evening.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Rode the Last Drop to Rowarth on Sunday on the CX bikes with Richpips. Made it down all the difficult bits then ran into the holly bush at the bottom. 😳

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Last drop to Rowarth – has it been stone picked?’ is closed to new replies.