Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Last discriminations of STW
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve been away for a few weeks. Who has been deleted?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    I’ve been away for a few weeks. Who has been deleted?

We’d all been hoping it was you.

😉

Harry_the_Spider

Up yer bum you souther ponce. 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, is it safe to “come out” as an Atheist, now?

molgrips
    Free Member

As an atheist, yes. As an arsehole, no 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

lol

i like to make fun out of … people with a lower IQ level than me

If you ever find someone like that, I’m sure you’ll have great fun at their expense. 😛

willard

In between drooling and shouting “MATT DAMON!” to people…

philconsequence
    Free Member

jokes on you, according to my carers i’m super clever i am 😈

richmtb

As an atheist, yes. As an arsehole, no

Brilliant!

Am I still safe to discriminate against people who ride bikes with spoke guards behind the cassette?

And Tories obviously

yunki
    Free Member

it’s an interesting point though..

I was brought up in the spitting image era.. and consequently, having little interest in furthering my knowledge of politics, just considered that mocking the Tories was as natural as taking a piss.. after all, no-one likes a Tory..

but then I guess I was also brought up in the Joey Deacon era, when Irish and Ethiopian jokes were playground currency.. and teachers still joined in with bullying the smelly speccy ginger fat kid..

I’m actually a very loving soul, the fact that I obviously feel that it’s so normal to heap scorn on this minority makes me feel quite dirty when I consider it in this new light..

sorry Tory folk.. 😳

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

As an atheist, yes

what about as a lapsed atheist ? I found it too dogmatic 🙁

willard

Try agnosticism. Or don’t, it’s entirely up to you. It’s like Diet CofE.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    As an atheist, yes. As an arsehole, no

That’s you stuffed, then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yunki loveley post but its Ok to hate Tories as they are all ****

Lovely, lovely retort Woppit

what about as a lapsed atheist ? I found it too dogmatic

Dont worry, we forgive you

DezB
    Free Member

Know you are, just said you are
    Lookinginamirror lookinginamirror

etc!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Taxidermists?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Know you are, just said you are
    Lookinginamirror lookinginamirror

Care to translate?

donsimon
    Free Member

Taxidermists?

Them private hire drivers too. 👿

hilldodger
    Free Member

It does that that persons of religious faith are still considered “fair game”.
    Some of the spitefulness posted in response to christian viewpoints in particular certainly wouldn’t be tolerated if made against any other demographic.

Also anything that contravenes the fables and preachings of the prophets Goldacre & Dawkins is also seen as an “stw-approved target” and liable to be a trigger for endless pages of cod-science, wiki-wisdom & google-mania…..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh, that’s just lively debate, surely? 😀

gonefishin
    Free Member

Some of the spitefulness posted in response to christian viewpoints in particular certainly wouldn’t be tolerated if made against any other demographic.

Well given the uniquely privelaged position that Christianity occupies in our society I’d say that comments like that are the equivalent of white middle class men complaining of sexims and racism (I’m a white middle class man by the way).

I’ve also been on the receiving end of plenty criticism from Christians in real life for stating the simple fact that I’m an athiest.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    Oh, that’s just lively debate, surely?

possibly, but try starting a “lively debate” about almost any other aspect of human culture &/or behaviour and see how far that gets you……

D0NK

Some of the spitefulness posted in response to christian viewpoints in particular certainly wouldn’t be tolerated if made against any other demographic

pretty sure most religions are fair game for “lively debate” (do tend to turn into slanging matches on here tho) spose it gets a bit iffy when talking about jewish people, any other religion/race cross overs?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

try starting a “lively debate” about almost any other aspect of human culture &/or behaviour and see how far that gets you

O.K.

The French: garlic-munching winos and German punch-bunnies or what?

10. 9, 8, 7, 6……

philconsequence
    Free Member

ginger people

football fans

people who don’t drink alcohol

ex-forum members

Ro5ey
    Free Member

So how many STW ‘ism could you get upset about.

Christain, city working (not sure you’ve mentioned Banker Bashing on this thread and that surely is really the very last discrimination) bog standard bike riding Spurs fan…. I’m £$%^ed

Not least because of the last one

enfht
    Free Member

White, middle class cyclists.

Scum.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Life’s too short really, innit? I used to get really wound up over the religion threads, but eventually came to the conclusion that there was no point stressing myself out anymore on an internet forum. I dont spend as much time on here nowadays, possibly as a result of that, and initially I really missed the forum and people I had got to know on here. Sad thing for me is, I feel pretty ambivalent about STW now, and ridiculous as it sounds, it feels as though I’ve lost a part of my life that I really used to enjoy. 🙄

MSP

Ro5ey – Member

So how many STW ‘ism could you get upset about.

Christain, city working (not sure you’ve mentioned Banker Bashing on this thread and that surely is really the very last discrimination) bog standard bike riding Spurs fan…. I’m £$%^ed

Not least because of the last one

You work in the city, no wonder your searching for ethereal salvation 😉

D0NK

sorry to hear that mitch

philconsequence
    Free Member

I really missed the forum and people I had got to know on here. Sad thing for me is, I feel pretty ambivalent about STW now,

its ok, me, deadly, yeti and jamie are all on twitter and use that to mess around instead of here, hence the distinct lack of forumming from us too! come join us 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

sorry to hear that too mitch as some of your posts are excellent though I clearly fall into the religious bashing camp
    I do have the utmost respect for you and som etof thein things you have posted re what you have done and gay muslamic swans will for ever be a STW ism
    Pardon the pun but it is a broad church on here and we should [ and I mean me ] be more tolerant
    Sorry

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do we have another prospective #specialguy?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Any chance of you organising another SwinleySuperSexy when (when!) the weather gets better, phil? Or are you still busy elsewhere?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Swinleysupersexies are by invite only these days 8)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh, pooh.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i think its going to be a while Mrwhoppy, got less than 9 weeks ’til my wedding and every weekend is fully booked either handmaking decorations of buying stuff for the day or visiting people to organise and collect stuff for the day. then i’ve got 3 weekends after that then i’m off to america for 2 weeks as a honeymoon. so the earliest will be something in late october!

EDIt – just seen bravissimo’s post. i have to be honest… i did go a bit invite only as they got out of hand with too many people to keep it on track and then you get people like dezzyB turning up and trying to infect people with grey-haired-sideburn-itis. i think something late october could work though and keep it to a smaller number, not invite only… but there might have to be a ‘you must be sexier than this man *points to deadly* to join this ride.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Also anything that contravenes the fables and preachings of the prophets Goldacre & Dawkins is also seen as an “stw-approved target” and liable to be a trigger for endless pages of cod-science, wiki-wisdom & google-mania…..

and there was I thinking Dawkins gets a severe spanking too! Surely no belief needs justification as by definition it’s evidence-free conjecture?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, pooh.

Basically, if you promise to give of yourself completely to the collective (no questions, mind), then you’re in. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

thats a point deadly, the more STWers that turned up to the sexy parties the more un-sexy it became…. next time i’ll being a big bowl for everyone’s car keys and then everyone can ride off into the woods in their new pairs

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Last discriminations of STW’ is closed to new replies.