Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • last day of summer.. what did you get up to?
  • manitou
    Free Member

I went out to Swinley.. couple of laps of the Blue and a lap of the Red..bloody lovely. Dry dusty hot and hardly anyone around. Marvellous 8)

thepurist

Did a loop from the bottom end of Swinley down through Porridgepot & Tunnel hill, cake at the canal centre then back. Grand day out!

rickt
    Free Member

Not decided what im going to be doing on the last day of summer 2013 yet.

Not sure when it is/was but came in hospital for an op Tuesday morning, went home yesterday lunchtime, ended up back here in an ambulance this morning. Now Sat around waiting, waiting, waiting.

lunge

Sat in a office and tried to herd cats. Standard stuff really.

ratherbeintobago

Wandered round Hebden with the wife and #2 daughter.

fergal
    Free Member

Had a cheeky blast down Blencathra, walkers full of the joys of summer, happy trails.

slackalice
    Free Member

Out of QECP and over to Harting Down and back 😀

First time out on my bike for two month’s and I loved the dust! 8)

pictonroad

Let Dr P hurt my addled thighs round the Glorious Goodwood countryside then came home and did some atrocious damage to my camper van.

Up and down tbh.

spacecadett
    Free Member

I scarred myself silly in Chamonix on the Brevent trails. Steep & rocky!!

richpips
    Free Member

A localish 90 minutes riding new things.

kilo

Got told to go to work for a meeting but left as soon as it finished, 50 miles on the road bike around Dorking & Newdigate. Lovely day and IPA and white wine in the fridge for later.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Humph!
    Just finishing importing a new carrier tariff into our billing platform. Deep joy!

andytherocketeer

it’s still summer
    must be nearly 30C today
    bike rides planned for the weekend, and all winter

seadog101

End of summer marked by again by a coat of timber care on the shed.

_tom_
    Free Member

I did a quick 10 miler on my road bike, went to see my mates for a beer in the sun and now I’m at work 🙁

Dibbs
    Free Member

56 mile road ride over Exmoor to Simonsbath and back (5000ft of climbing) it was starting to get a bit nippy by teatime.

scandal42
    Free Member

Sat in my office trying to do as little as possible.

Then cooked

Then wrote this

Then had a cider

Then cried

rOcKeTdOg

i caught,passed and dropped my home commute rival. it’s 3-1 to me this week 8)

SOAP
    Free Member

Was it today? CyB Tarw Du followed by Mbr
    Anyone know how big the last drop on “Abel” is? if hucked to flat.. 😯
    I was going a bit to fast.

lex
    Free Member

Just about to head out onto the South Downs in the twilight with 2 of my oldest friends who now live in my village.

Buddies, bikes and beer.

manitou
    Free Member

Well they say its going to be 17 tomorrow instead of 29 and its going to rain..so thats why i went out

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bought new MTB shoes – ok so far

Bought new dry lube – Opps, the weather has to turn now

Missed a ride due to traffic in guildford so sitting outside – supper, drink and a fire. The last of the year? I hope not!

motorman
    Free Member

I did this

8)

brakes
    Free Member

just got home from work.
    more work still to do.
    **** you summer.

benji
    Free Member

Went out on the road bike for a recovery ride from last nights cross race, was going to do some gardening but went with the wind in the willows idea of hang white washing.

tang
    Free Member

Been in hospital holding my little 8 month old after her first of many facial plastic surgery ops. Was belting hot but we had a door next to her bed on the ward. Can’t complain, it’s been a fantastic summer and my little one is doing brilliantly.

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock Tues/Wed and again tonight

It would be rude not to

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good luck with the ops Tang.

Euro
    Free Member

Very nice 8)

I rode up to the local forest for the first time in over 20 years. Just a steep as i remembered but at least i had gears this time 😀 Spot of lunch, rode some trails then a blast home again. Then, while waiting for my car to be serviced, i had a leisurely spin along the 6 mile river. First time in ages my legs are sore from cycling. Love it!

Lunch break in Tardree Forest

austen

Stupid work, still trying to finish a report. Of to Colorado on Sunday though (with bike) so all will be forgiven!

scotroutes

This evening turned out to be a lot more pleasant than the day so I popped out for a 54km loop to here and back..

muddy247
    Free Member

I went to Hamsterley to fine tune my ccdb shock- dry and dusty trails all round!

somafunk

Finished work at the bike shop by 7, empty roads so didn’t hang about driving home, out on bike by 7.30 to catch the last stunning sunset of summer dying behind the Galloway hills and made a promise to myself that i’m not staying more than another 3 years max in this country before i have to head somewhere with decent all year round weather, not bothered if i have to work in a bar, wait tables, live in a one room bedsit etc to get by – i just want short’s & T-shirt weather 300+ days a year. 😀

coastkid
    Free Member

This (Officially filmed yesterday but did the same this evening) 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b__zxYicbWo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSv198UD3Wy-dBsg3K40IvQ[/video]

scotroutes

We do have decent all year round weather. It just looks a bit different in December.

DSC00250 by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

collostomy
    Free Member

Forest of Dean… Dry and running fast. Made a full day of it with the rain coming in 😥

Bregante

Last day of summer? I bloody hope so!!

This morning I took a spin around my local loop and in the space of 3 weeks whilst I’ve been on holiday it has turned into something resembling the amazon rain forest. It was so overgrown with 8 foot high nettles and brambles it was practically unrideable.

I have nettle rash on every bit of exposed flesh and cuts all over my arms and legs. The sooner the autumn frost kills it all off again the better*

*well – after tomorrows cheeky day off and a trip to North Wales anyway!

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – nettle rash, thistle scratches and clegg bites here too. Today, we had a grand family day out in an attempt to get our money’s-worth out of our National Trust membership, followed by the mother of all arguments. She went to bed an hour ago so I guess that’s yet another don’t-go-to-bed-on-an-argument slot filled 🙁

somafunk

Scotroutes : Yeah that looks really nice and i love a crisp winter’s morning but i’ve broke my spine a couple of times, once very badly and now i’m 41 (gulp 😯 ) the cold weather tends to seize me up good and proper and i find it just about impossible to move freely and work as normal, my sympathetic nervous system throws it’s toys out the pram in the winter and it **** me right off. A few years ago my spinal damage didn’t really present any issues, i could quite happily do lap after lap of Kirroughtree red/black on my ss in under 2hours/lap but the older i get the less mobile i’m becoming so it’s time to plan to move south, I’ve mates selling up their farms and properties so i’ll prob join them somewhere warm.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘last day of summer.. what did you get up to?’ is closed to new replies.